strength of Coventry Health Care behind your
Coventry Health Care is a $12 billion growth oriented national managed health
care company based in Bethesda, MD with 14,000 employees in 48 states. We
provide a full range of risk and fee-based managed care products and services to
a broad cross section of employer and government-funded groups, government
agencies, and other insurance carriers and administrators.
We are currently searching for a Manager of Health Care Reform Accounting for our Bethesda, MD Corporate office location.
This role is the primary resource for all health care reform/minimum MLR related accounting and reporting matters. Responsible for coordinating and managing the health carereform/minimum MLR function for all the Company’s regulated insurance subsidiaries including filing of the Supplemental Health Care Exhibit (SHCE), Minimum MLR rebate forms and payment of Minimum MLR rebates.
Provides health care reform/minimum MLR accounting guidance to all the Company’s regulated insurance subsidiaries.
- Manage minimum MLR rebate payment process
- Lead the business team via weekly status meetings
- Monitor the business project plan
- Provide periodic steering committee updates
- Act as the IT liaison related to gathering system requirements, identifying sources for business data and coordination of user acceptance testing
- Work with Peoplesoft IT team related to processing of AP batches in PS (related to rebate checks) and voids/reissuance process related to returned rebate checks
- Support initiatives surrounding internal controls over the rebate payment process (ie: SOX 404/Statutory SOX documentation and testing of rebate payment process)
- Manage the Minimum MLR rebate filing process
- Provide guidance to the Health Plans on how to file the Minimum MLR rebate filings
- Participate in weekly CMS Q&A calls related to Minimum MLR rebate filings
Coordinate with Health Plans to make sure they submit the Minimum MLR rebate filings by June 1st deadline
Other Health Care Reform/Minimum MLR duties:
Research health care reform/Minimum MLR regulationsProvide accounting guidance to Health Plans related to health care reform/MLR regulationsProvide guidance to Health Plans related to preparation of Supplemental HealthCare Exhibit (SHCE) and Minimum MLR Rebate FormsAssist in preparation of SHCE and Minimum MLR Rebate forms for Coventry Health &Life Insurance Company (“CH&L”)Assist with completion of CH&L statutory filings and state checklist formsProvide statutory accounting guidance to Health PlansOther duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills required.offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical,
- Bachelor’s degree
- Substantial (5+ years) directly related experience
- Proficient with accounting systems, database applications and spreadsheet software.
- Accounting experience including significant knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles required
- Statutory accounting experience preferred
dental, vision, and 401k.
Interested individuals can review the full Job Description and apply on line at jobs.coventryhealthcare.com/
. Click on the OnLineCareerCenter for details. Please use Job Requisition # 1210767
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Job: First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Primary Location: Bethesda, MD, US
Other Locations: ,
Organization: 10000 - Coventry Health Care - Corp
Job Posting: 2013-04-23 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1210767
Coventry Health Care - 14 months ago
- 9 days ago
Dominion Dental Services, Inc.
- 28 days ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...