As part of the Open Enrollment Team, and reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing and Strategic Intelligence, the Manager of Inside Sales is responsible for leading the delivery of public sales revenues for a team of up to ten inside sales professionals and for managing ESI’s Customer Care team of five.
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for developing effective sales strategies that leverage public student needs and drive new, incremental revenues for ESI public programs. Attainment of sales objectives will be achieved through an emphasis on regular customer contact and relationship building, management of key inside sales performance indicators and the development of ESI’s inside sales team.
A principle area of focus is the support and coaching of the inside sales team to ensure the attainment of their individual sales goals. Duties include sharing sales expertise, sales approaches and acting as a mentor for ESI’s inside sales professionals.
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for monthly and quota attainment of public program (BA/CM/PM) revenues, including e-Training programs for individual students
Lead the Inside Sales Team and Execute the Sales Plan
- Manage the development and motivation of Inside Sales team members toward the attainment of their sales objectives
- Develop an annual sales plan to achieve targeted team and individual budget commitments, including the design of sales territories, sales performance metrics, quotas and incentives.
- Measure and track performance of the Inside Sales team members in achieving their daily, weekly, monthly and annual activity measures
Coach and Develop Course Counselor Performance
- Model activities to build strong public student relationships
- Guide team members in uncovering and qualifying student needs
- Develop team skills in uncovering new student opportunities through the qualification of sales leads
- Tailor public program solutions/promotions that will increase student registrations
- Conduct sales strategy sessions to develop creative approaches in building public sales revenue
- Evaluate performance through observations and customer call reviews. Provide feedback and recommends best-practice sales approaches
Leads the Customer Care Team
- Assist in the creation of OE operational policies and practices
- Ensure that OE operations facilitate high-quality customer interactions
- Ensure that sales opportunities are maximized in the daily interactions between the Inside Sales team and the Customer Care team
- Analyze student buying trends and promotion effectiveness in order to shape ESI’s effectiveness in growing public student registrations
- Recruit and retain team of inside sales professionals
- Recommend ways to work collaboratively with operational and field sales team members (BDMs, EMs, and CC reps) to drive new revenue opportunities to ESI
- Ensure operational excellence through the day to day management of the OE Customer Care team
- Proven track record in managing, measuring and monitoring inside sales team performance
- Demonstrated success in hiring, developing and coaching sales teams to successful performance
- Experience in designing optimum territory structures, sales tools and reward programs to efficiently motivate sales activities
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships, including outstanding consultative sales skills
- Proactive self-starter that possesses strong leadership vision.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the proven ability to manage multiple projects and juggle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong work ethic that is self-motivated and accountable.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- BA/BS degree and/or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of solid experience managing an Inside Sales team, ideally in the performance improvement of/or professional services industries
Local candidates preferred.