Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
• Functions as a liaison between other airlines, freight forwards, logistics vendors and company for the movement of aircraft parts inventory
• Ensures timely movement of all company materials
• Ensures all required logistics documentation, such as commercial invoices, packing slips, airway bill, hazmat declarations, are completed
• Reviews logistic quotes for cost comparison to current market value
• Manages logistic process to improve cost control
• Reviews and approves all logistic invoices
• Coordinates with maintenance station staff and other departments for all materials
• Ensures compliance with 49 CFR and IATA hazardous material movements
• Manages the TSA and Interline “Known Shipper Program”
• Manages company’s Internal Airway bill program
• Coordinates customs clearance and payment of all import and export duties
• Collaborates with accounting department on billing discrepancies, disputes and third party invoicing
• Negotiates logistics agreements with outside vendors
• Develops vendor contacts and working relationships with logistics agencies
• Managers logistics staff and leads projects
• BA/BS Degree ( Preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years international land/ sea/ and air freight logistics experience required
• Previous airline industry experience preferred
• 3 years of prior experience managing personnel
• Strong knowledge of 49 CFR and IATA hazmat shipping policies
• Previous leadership experience
• Previous freight forwarding experience required
• Must be a self starter, able to manage projects and staff
• Able to work flexible work schedule: including shifts, weekend, and holidays
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft software and in use of digital manuals.
NO RELO OFFERED.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 22 months ago