1. Prepares work schedules; supervises employees; monitors and evaluates the quality of the work
2. Monitors Fire Protection Systems and implements procedures to meet National Fire Prevention ( NFPA ) standards for inspection and operation (including managing abatement of fire code)
3. Ensures department is in compliance with federal and state environmental protection and hazardous waste regulations and laws, has current permits, and is aware of any changes in compliance requirements
4. Uses on-line Computerized Maintenance Management System to manage maintenance resources; control job cost budget and maintain cost records and reports
5. Develops, revises and implements building preventive maintenance plan
6. Responds to emergency calls during non-business hours and determines corrective measures
7. Ensures all work is performed in accordance with established quality standards and all applicable safety regulations, building codes, and safety requirements.
8. Related projects and initiatives
$45,000 - $55,000 annually
1. Associate’s Degree
2. Ten years’ experience in construction management or building trades preventative maintenance ( HVAC , electrical and mechanical)
3. One year experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems ( CMMS ) such as SchoolDude, Building Automation Systems and Control Systems (BACnet)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical Technology or related field
2. One year of experience working on a college campus.
Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date:
July 1, 2014
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Hours of Work:
Administrators working in facilities maintenance normally work a minimum of 40 hours per week on a twelve-month basis, usually working 5 consecutive days with 2 days off, with the understanding that they are expected to collectively provide 24/7/365 days a year campus-wide coverage.
Days of Work:
If other, please specify:
Ocean County College - 9 months ago