Manager of Manufacturing Engineering
Under the general direction of the Plant Manager, the Engineering Manager has the authority and responsibility to direct, coordinate and facilitate all aspects of engineering, tooling and maintenance. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, New Launches, new equipment APQP, engineering changes, enforcing and maintaining TS 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements, continuous improvement, and cost saving activities. Responsible for compliance to OSHA regulations, which include environmental legal & related requirements and equipment safety. Monitor and maintain maintenance & tooling preventative and predictive tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Prepares and implements changes to track and improve plant measurables included in the Operating System (MOS).
Responsible for enforcing and maintains Company policies and guidelines.
Adheres to all safety regulations.
Participates in production meetings. Deliver expectations on issues that need specific attention in order to meet customer requirements as well make recommendations on how to accomplish the tasks at hand.
Responsible for confidentiality, open and honest communications.
Has the authority to stop production operations with respect to safety or quality concerns.
Treats all other Team Members with dignity and respect.
Performs all other tasks as assigned. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Four year college degree in Engineering preferred. Tooling and Maintenance background preferred. SPECIAL SKILLS:
Good verbal and written communication skills
Good managerial & leadership skills
Good problems solving & organizational skills
Working knowledge of engineering functions in a Metal Stamping Environment.
Stamping & assembling plant environment.
Click here to apply online
- Responsible for and has the authority to establish the duties and activities of positions that directly and/or indirectly report to him.
- Responsible for compliance to OSHA regulations, which includes environmental legal & related requirements and equipment safety.
- Participates in the selection, development, training and discipline of Engineers and Skilled Team Members in the maintenance, engineering and tooling functions.
- Performs performance appraisals making recommendations on promotions or other changes in status of the Engineers and Skilled Team Members in the engineering, maintenance and tooling function.
- Supports and maintains all engineering / maintenance and tooling functions in the plant, corporate exercises and design programs including: OSHA Regulations, ergonomics, safety of equipment, equipment quality and efficiency.
- Provide direction and assistance as required or requested to the Skilled Team Members and Engineering in resolving issues.
- Interacts with Customers, Corporate and Plant personnel to resolve safety, quality, uptime, through-put and equipment concerns.
- Supports continuous improvement and cost saving activities utilizing technical and advance engineering techniques.
Endevis - 24 months ago