The market for industrial Ethernet is growing at double digit rates. Future trends that expand industrial communications technologies beyond control, such as plant asset management, energy management and the Internet of Things, will maintain this growth rate for many years to come. As a result, the world’s leading industrial automation companies are rapidly expanding and adapting their product lines to support EtherNet/IP, one the world leading industrial Ethernet technologies. At the forefront of these activities is ODVA, the global trade and standards development organization that develops, manages and promotes the EtherNet/IP technologies.
ODVA seeks an experienced industry professional to join its management team who possesses both marketing and technical expertise in industrial communication technologies and their application to plant automation. As the Manager of Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and implementing global marketing programs to promote awareness and adoption of EtherNet/IP through various channels including web, tradeshows, industry events and trade press. You will work cooperatively with ODVA’s management team to help ensure that ODVA’s marketing programs are tailored to its key relevant audiences, which include both users of EtherNet/IP and companies who make and sell products compliant with EtherNet/IP. This full-time position is based in our Ann Arbor headquarters and reports directly to the organization’s president.
Interested candidates who meet the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Marketing-savvy, highly-energetic, and team-oriented person with experience in industrial B2B marketing who enjoys a work environment that balances management and vision with hands-on responsibilities in an entrepreneurial setting consisting of highly talented professionals.
- Completed university education in a technology or marketing related field at the bachelor’s degree or above.
- Demonstrated expertise in the IT or industrial communications market combined with at least five years of marketing experience including project management responsibility.
- Demonstrated successful experience in aspects of digital marketing such as web-based marketing, SEO, SEM, blog, multimedia, and/or social media campaigns.
- Meaningful experience in garnering industry press and blog attention through PR campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and confidence in presenting to audiences from 10-200 persons.
- Team collaborator and motivator with strong work ethic and a “can-do” positive attitude.
- Enjoys travelling domestically and internationally (estimated to be 15-30%).
The position is a full-time, professional position located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Comprehensive employee benefits encompass health care, retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays. Please apply online and provide a resume with complete contact information. No phone calls or emails.
At this time ODVA is unable to support any visa extensions, H-1B or other work permits for this opening.