The Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, not-for-profit organization, whose funding comes from public and private sources. CCR provides mediation services to the Chicago area, focusing on people of limited means, nonprofits, and institutions supporting the public and community interest. The Center for Conflict Resolution is a Program Partner of the Circuit Court of Cook County Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program. For more information about CCR, see www.ccrchicago.org. For more information on the foreclosure mediation program, see http://cookcountyforeclosurehelp.org/.
This position is part of a four-member foreclosure mediation program management team. The program oversees thousands of cases referred to mediation by the Circuit Court of Cook County. The team is responsible for managing an extensive number of court orders and ensuring mediations are scheduled and conducted in a timely and efficient manner. The team also works closely with the court, all attorneys involved on the referred cases, and mediators assigned to the case to ensure seamless communication and coordination of documents.
The position may include the following responsibilities. These responsibilities may change to meet the changing needs of the foreclosure mediation program.
Hours, Benefits, and Salary:
- Work closely with the Circuit Court of Cook County to coordinate management of cases referred through the Chancery Division’s mortgage foreclosure mediation program.
- Organize large volumes of (paper) court orders.
- Enter relevant data into central database.
- Schedule mediation sessions using an online calendaring system.
- Ensure paper files are prepared properly for mediation and internal record keeping.
- Coordinate mediation sessions at CCR’s downtown office and onsite at the Daley Center and Cook County Building.
- Supervise and monitor mediator performance.
- Mediate as needed (upon successful approval through CCR’s 40-hour mediation training).
This is a 35-hour contract position through May 31, 2013 with no benefits. The extension of this contract is contingent upon the Cook County Board’s decision on continued program funding. Starting Hourly Rate: $17.00.
CCR is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, qualified disability, or sexual orientation or any other protected class. CCR is an Equal Opportunity employer seeking to build a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
The qualified candidate must:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be detailed oriented and comfortable with shifting priorities;
- Be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently;
- Have seasoned computer and data entry skills; SalesForce.com experience preferred;
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, complex, and changing environment;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.