Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that's right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
The manager of network engineering is responsible for assisting in the design, configuration, implementation and support for local & wide area networks within the Sabre data centers. Responsibility includes continuously testing and evaluating for the existing network infrastructure to ensure proper performance and maximum uptime. Assist in the day to day troubleshooting and support of Sabre’s Data Center WAN, LAN & Infrastructure in the United States. Individual must be a proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with very little supervision. Position will offer a flexible work from home arrangement after completed training. This is a hard core hands on role. Manager should have hands on with Firewall, F5 and Nexus switch configuration.
- Support monitor, configure implement and document current local and wide area networks (including both physical and logical structures) within the Sabre Data centers.
- Assist in the testing and evaluation of new and emerging technologies.
- Troubleshoot and manage calls/tickets from the technical services group and assist network administration.
- Help provide technical direction to the company in the LAN/WAN environment and provide project management or assistance for network related initiatives.
- Work with security group to create and maintain a secure infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of network configuration and related documentation. Monitor system for network alerts and events so quick response can be provided and issues can be proactively addressed.
- Ensure all IT equipment complies with industry and regulatory standards.
- Troubleshoot analyses and resolve faults in operation network.
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance and license compliance is performed.
- Maintain relationship with vendors, consultants and ensure that network standards and deliverables are met.
- Produce reports and provide additional duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel required.
- Manage a team of 5 senior engineers.
- 8 years in a data center management roll.
- Support HR functions for small senior networking team
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Master's degree preferred.
- Must have current CCNP or CCDP.
- Extensive knowledge of subnetting.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, OSPF.
- Cisco switching expertise in spanning tree protocol.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Cisco VPN, IPSEC,GRE.
- Telco MPLS, Internet (High bandwidth 1-10g.).
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting - CISCO NAM.
- Compression and encryption appliances, Cisco WAAS, Riverbed.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco routers 7000, ASR series routers.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco Catalyst switches 2000, 3000, 4000, 6500, Nexus with modules.
- Extensive knowledge implementing and supporting DNS, SNMP, RADIUS, SYSLOG.
- Extensive experience using open source network monitoring (performance monitoring, fault management).
- Platform upgrade experience.
- Data center implementation and migration.
- Independent problem solving skills.
- F5 installation, management and operation.
- Extensive experience with security configurations ACL, Cisco PIX, ASA, DMZ, VPN, SSL and VPN.
- Advance network drawing and documentation skills.
- Demonstrate good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. This will be critical to working remotely.
THE SABRE HOLDINGS PORTFOLIO OF COMPANIES includes Travelocity, Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 10,000 employees in 60 countries. Our people take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
Sabre - 17 months ago
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...