The Manager of Network Operations provides primary support to Information Technology senior leadership on strategy, research, design, and project definition for large-scale technology initiatives within the larger organization.
The Manager of Network Operations is the operational visionary for a network computing environment supporting 400+ WAN locations, 3 data centers, and multiple corporate locations. Support will encompass both hardware and software responsibilities including an array of Cisco Routers, Switches, WAN acceleration, Wireless components, Juniper and Palo Alto firewalls, HP NNMi Network Management, and physical cabling. The manager is responsible for the operational effectiveness of the Network Operations team which plays a critical role in delivering technical solutions to the business and infrastructure/application support for 3 companies: Reit Management & Research, Five Star Quality Care, and Sonesta International Hotel Corp. Motivating, coaching and evaluating a high-performance team of 5-6 members (and growing) is of primary importance.
In addition, this role is approximately a 70/30 split of management to hands-on responsibilities. We are looking for a technical manager who is passionate about best practices, operational excellence, challenging the status quo, and has a strong desire to take their career to the next level by developing solid management skills. You will be challenged to set and meet deadlines, deliver results, drive continual improvement, and provide comprehensive monthly reports demonstrating an intimate knowledge of your team, their successes, opportunities for improvement, and the overall health of the environments under your diligent watch.
- The management of a team of 4-5+ technical professionals, in support of 400 remote locations and 3 datacenters, ensuring projects, operational maintenance and reliability issues are addressed with a timely and proactive approach.
- Develop, direct and report on all activities associated with the health, performance and reliability of all network components and services under Network Operations control, including capacity planning, availability trending, and network performance.
- Direct, manage and prioritize all support activities including but not limited to the support of: Incidents (trouble tickets), acquisition projects, cabling related projects, and other network team initiatives.
- Assist in defining appropriate technology standards to use within the companys existing architecture. Understand emerging technologies and determine appropriate use within business applications and how that best plays to the overall organizational strategy.
- Research and provide strategic direction on the use of new products/technology including: Routers, switches, network management, security operations and management, and wireless technologies.
- Oversee all change management, related audit activities associated with the network environment including documentation requirements, scheduled outages, operational procedures, etc.
- Responsible for proactive monitoring of all network related components under Network Operations control and quick resolution (during and after hours) by establishing strong documentation, notification and escalation procedures.
- Responsible for delivery of Incident Reports documenting production outages and detailing root cause analysis and action items to eliminate repeat occurrences.
- Strong hands-on technical background with at least four years in a 24/7/365 operational role.
- Bachelors degree preferred and demonstrated progressive career advancement.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience with budgeting experience a plus.
- Candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of networking technologies, security systems and related data center technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Network/Data Center Operations in a dynamic growing organization.
- Proven competency in various technological areas: including, but not limited to, Cisco Nexus, Catalyst, ISR Routing platforms, ASA IPSec termination platforms, OSPF and BGP routing protocols, and Layer 2 switching technologies.
- Must be comfortable setting priorities and managing to deliverables. Solid knowledge, of standards, best practices and key performance metrics reporting.
- Well-developed ability to successfully prioritize and maximize resources within a complex, highly dynamic and aggressive growth environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to present operational reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Work independently and manage time effectively to meet and exceed deadlines and managements expectations.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment and promote cohesion and pride with the team.
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
- Strong aversion to mediocrity and an unwavering commitment to improving the environment.
- Strong desire to become an excellent manager putting in the time to know your team, developing them to their full potential, and setting the standard for them to follow.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Hospitality Properties Trust - 2 years ago
Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) is a real estate investment trust (REIT). As of December 31, 2008, HPT, directly and through...