JOB TITLE: Manager of New Media
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
JOB GOAL : Supervision and execution of YES Prep’s social media and digital initiatives strategy, including developing and managing viral campaigns, maintaining high-profile channel accounts, and ensuring that social media is integrated into the overall marketing strategy.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for leading monthly meetings for the YES Prep Social Media team consisting of 5-8 other coordinators and managers in the YES Prep home office.
- Responsible for creating and updating the YES Prep social media policy in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Marketing as well as the General Counsel.
- Responsible for ensuring campus representatives managing the individual social media and website accounts adhere to the YES Prep social media policy.
- Responsible for managing 1-3 social media interns that will be responsible for loading and posting all content through Hubspot and Hootsuite.
- Create and release compelling blog posts from the YES Prep President and other major YES Prep stakeholders.
- Attend major system-wide and external education-related events as the designated “YES PREP tweeter.”
- Build relationships via twitter with major stakeholders
- Create the social media video production schedule.
- Responsible for updating live social media feeds during crisis situations
- Provide weekly updates on major education-reform related stories released on social media or traditional media through LexisNexis.
- Provide weekly updates on social analytics, and SEO to drive strategy.
- Provide ongoing support to the Advancement and Recruitment team around how to use social media to attract qualified leads.
Additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Extensive understanding of social media strategy and trends
- Experience managing high-stakes projects and collaborating with a wide-array of teams across multiple functions.
- Strong understanding of education-reform issues in the US
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
Skills and Mindsets
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of education reform issues and current affairs
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
- Belief that every student can and will achieve
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Detail-oriented and self-directed
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION :
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
Length of Work Year:
Year-round position; evening and weekend commitments may be required
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
* The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
YES Prep Public Schools - 14 months ago
These students are hooked on higher education. The University of Texas System runs nine universities throughout the Lone Star State with a...