The Manager of Operations Systems’ primary role is to ensure quality development of, and enhancements to, underwriting systems for Starr Company’s casualty insurance operations. The Manager will assist the USD Management in managing, planning, directing, validating and implementing underwriting systems projects for the assigned profit centers to assist them with achieving their overall business goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the design and development of compliant, efficient, well-structured business systems and tools for all non-underwriting functions including, but not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable
- Underwriting Reporting
- Loss Control
- Producer Management
- Client Management
- Submission Entry
- USD Workflow Management/service delivery
- Policy Notice Generation
- Oversee the executing of standardize reports and reporting tools in the areas of:
- Reinsurance Premium Reconciliation
- Underwriting Premium Management
- Pipeline Management
- Producer Production
- Serve as a liaison between Insurance Database, UW Systems Development, Operations, IT and vendors to support timely and accurate communication on new systems and reporting implementations.
- Obtain continued user input about the functionality and efficiency of all reports.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on the overall structure and implementation of streamlined and efficient underwriting reports.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on identified projects through development and implementation.
- Develop test plans for manual tests to replicate the user experience for all releases.
- Maintain Issues and enhancement list and provide accurate and timely status updates to senior operations management.
- Oversee user acceptance testing in conjunction with the business owner.
- Ensure accurate and compliant implementation of all project assignments.
- Perform research about insurance industry operation business processes and identify industry best practices.
Requirements and Skills
- 7 – 10 years of insurance operations and/or underwriting systems experience.
- Strong knowledge of insurance industry, products and operating environments with an emphasis on compliance.
- Hands-on experience working with groups to analyze, define and develop business requirements and workflow processes, including IT related requirements.
- Very strong interpersonal/verbal communication skills and strong writing ability.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and influence safe work practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Starr Companies, comprised of C.V. Starr & Co., Inc. (C.V. Starr) and Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc., is a global, privately held, insurance, financial services, and investments organization. Starr's insurance agencies write specialty lines covering aviation, marine, energy, property and excess casualty insurance, including risks with international exposures and provide a broad spectrum of value-added specialized services, including claims handling and settlement, risk assessment and loss prevention. Starr's insurance companies, Starr Indemnity & Liability Company and Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company, provide high-quality, customized property and casualty and accident and health insurance products, with significant access to the excess and surplus marketplace for certain lines of business. These companies also provide loss control, claims, administrative and reinsurance services to their policyholders.
- 2 years ago - save job