Posting Job Title: Manager of PeopleSoft Technical Operations
Requisition #: 137604BR
Posting Location: Andover, MA, US
Area of Interest: Cloud Computing
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Manager of PeopleSoft Technical Operations
Reporting To: VP, Application Service Delivery
Location: Andover, MA
Who We Are:
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company , is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com .
NaviSite, Inc. is looking for an individual experienced in the management of eight to ten technical resources in a fast paced, highly technical environment. This person must be technically skilled in nature and must fully understand the workings of the PeopleSoft architecture. Candidate should have experience building, deploying, transitioning and maintaining PeopleSoft environments, and will have primary responsibility for the management of consultants who perform technical support of live customer environments.
This position will perform duties under the terms of a contract directly or indirectly with a branch of the U.S. government. US Citizenship is required.
Candidate will handle escalated issues and will be required to handle technical issues personally is some cases. They will coordinate the development and execution of technical objectives with the Client Care, Hardware, Networking, and Data Center / Service Center Operations teams. What You Will Do as the Manager of PeopleSoft Technical Operations:
The individual will have specific accountability for the management of the PeopleSoft Technical Operations delivery. This includes:
- Lead day-to-day operation of the PeopleSoft Technical team including customer assignments, technical support, and issue resolution.
- Manage 8-10 fulltime PeopleSoft DBAs / System Administrators ensuring that they continuously improve the fulfillment of all aspects of service delivery and keep pace with changing technology.
- Consistently drive long term initiatives that automate the fulfillment processes, improve quality and speed product delivery to ensure customer satisfaction remains at high levels.
- Act as a key resource to scope complex customer projects to assess cost/time and ensure that customer expectations are fully met.
- Partner with the Client Management and Implementation Management teams to ensure project delivery commitments are consistently met and end-to-end fulfillment process is timely and well managed.
- Balance resources with concurrent delivery to meet overall timeline commitments across all projects. Track, document and communicate accurate status and results. Identify barriers to success and develop solutions.
- Review of customer account assignments, evaluate staffing metrics, geographic alignment and service delivery performance to determine and manage to an optimal service delivery staffing plan.
- Nurture a high performance culture, lead and manage accordingly; instill motivation in the team. Mentor staff, assist in hiring, design resource plans, and communicate organizational structure and roles based on the activities and needs of the customer.
- Interact with customers to ensure technical delivery goals and objectives are clear, and ensure that delivery expectations are met.
- On-site presence at the customer as required, facilitating relationships and communicating on key issues.
The Manager of PeopleSoft Technical Operations is expected to be skilled in the following competencies and meet the following objectives:
- Effective decision maker - Acts decisively and anticipates future needs of both the NaviSite team and customers.
- Centered - Maintains poise and focus during meetings and discussions, even if the tone or subject matter is contentious.
- Business focused - Understands and maintains NaviSite's best interests in all areas while also understanding the customer's goals and objectives.
- Results driven - Acts quickly, measures results and works through obstacles.
- Leadership temperament - Leads by example, handles escalations calmly and efficiently, and inspires trust.
- Effective manager - Ability to manage a geographically dispersed team towards a set of common objectives.
- Facilitation - Coordinate with other internal organizational teams to define and attain shared goals and objectives.
- Direct the work of the PeopleSoft Technical Client Managers and interface with the other teams in the company.
- Design, architect, plan database solutions to meet business needs.
- Direct and contribute to the development of new methods, procedures, processes or systems and understand the impact of these changes.
- Delivery of PeopleSoft Technical reporting requirements.
- Problem Management identification, reporting and resolution capabilities.
- Regularly scheduled internal team meetings to review customer account status and activities.
What We Are Looking for in a Manager of PeopleSoft Technical Operations:
- We will consider candidates with NO Management experience if they meet the other requirements
- Manage a PeopleSoft production support environment. Providing technical support and assisting supporting PeopleSoft resources to troubleshoot and resolve production support issues for the Web, Application, Batch, File, and Database servers (Oracle and SQL Server). Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience managing resources in a PeopleSoft Applications environment running recent versions
- 5-8 years of experience supporting the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture, which includes Weblogic, Websphere, Tuxedo, PeopleSoft Process Scheduler, Integration Broker and Application Messaging.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Development including design and development of PeopleSoft applications, interfaces, reports, and data conversions using SQR, Application Engine, Cobol, nVision, and Crystal Reports.
- Strong technical foundation in database administration. Able to participate in Oracle and MSSQL database tuning and troubleshooting efforts.
- Capable of providing technical support to create new PeopleSoft environments and refreshes non-production environments.
- Experience with running components of the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture in the following environments; HP-UX / Red Hat Linux / IBM AIX / Win2K3 & Win2K8, Citrix XP/Terminal Services. Must have fundamental knowledge of Networking design and concepts.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and energy.
- Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, goal oriented and strong team player.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership skills a must!
- Candidate should have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a similar equivalent skill. MBA Preferred.
job code: CB: 03/08/13, navitbot
FCC Unit_TWC: NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00800 - Andover Minuteman
Time Warner Cable - 12 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...