Oxbow Animal Health is seeking the right individual to lead our quality assurance and product development department. A growing manufacturer and global distributor of nutritional foods and supplements for small animals, Oxbow is known for premium quality and product innovation. The Manager of Product Quality and Innovation will serve as a member of the top management team, responsible for strategic leadership of the firm.
Skills & Abilities
- Masters degree in animal science, animal nutrition or related field
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- 5 years of experience managing others
- Ability to travel out of state 4-6 times per year
- Ability to work with hay-based products
- Leadership and team-building : encourages the development of individual skills and team synergy, and energizes groups to achieve results.
- Systems thinking : analyzes requirements and develops processes to effectively manage interdependent information flows and activities; works with others to institutionalize new processes for disciplined performance.
- Project management : establishes priorities, creates project plans, monitors performance and meets deadlines.
- High performance standards : works with urgency and expects high-quality work from self and others; pays close attention to details and has learned how to leverage his/her perfectionism.
- Vision : envisions organizational potential and sets inspiring goals.
- Relationship skills : easily builds and maintains positive, trusting relationships.
Reports to : Chief Operating Officer
- Provide leadership, systems and procedures to ensure departmental work is efficient, effective and properly integrated with the rest of the organization.
- Oversee the development, documentation and enforcement all quality management policies. Ensure high quality products by establishing quality standards, drafting clear operating procedures, conducting proper training, and routinely monitoring processes and results.
- Stay abreast of industry regulations and work with others to ensure proper product formulation, package labeling and export documentation.
- Facilitate activities of the multi-disciplinary product development team. Identify product opportunities, document product development priorities and plans, support productive collaboration among internal and external partners, and effectively manage resources to meet product development goals. Monitor the progress of all product development projects.
- Ensure all food products meet Oxbow’s high nutritional and quality standards. Oversee the development and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for all products.
- Provide development opportunities for staff members to ensure continuous improvement of departmental performance and professional growth for individuals.
Oxbow Animal Health - 22 days ago