This growing Midwest manufacturing company is seeking to fill this critical position of the manager of their production. Opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills honed in a manufacturing environment.
The Manager of Production has the responsibility to manage the overall business activities of the manufacturing operations including planning and inventory.
The Manager of Production is part of the management team with the responsibility for production operations, reporting to the Manager of Plant Operations; salary code dependent on size and complexity of operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives;
2. Responsible for supervising a variety of supervisory and support staff personnel;
3. Participates in high performance teams as needed to meet business objectives;
4. Responsible for preparation of forecasts and analyses of data, including but not limited to labor, material, orders, scrap, production efficiency, cost reductions and quality of the product;
5. Maintaining proper employment levels through effective selection, interviewing and training of personnel;
6. Support management reporting, including but not limited to the following activities: review and approve statutory reporting; prepare and enter actual results, creating variance and headcount analysis; prepare, review and finalize financial results as required, and entering and/or reviewing Oracle data;
7. Other tasks or duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
This position requires a Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, logistics or related field with 8 years specific managerial / leadership experience in a production setting.
Five years demonstrated experience in operations, materials management, safety and environmental and lean manufacturing techniques.
1. High level leadership and decision making skills.
2. Managing people, production, inventory, scheduling, quality and all associated functions needed for a production setting.
3. Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills.
4. Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all functions
6. Ability to build collaborative relationships.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office and MRP systems (Oracle preferred).
8. Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to create and / or foster a positive work environment.
FPC - 5 months ago
We are a well respected national executive search firm comprising over 65 independently owned and operated offices serving more than 40...