Job Title: |
Manager of Proposals (Bridgewater NJ or Aurora IL)
- Leads the team who prepares and delivers responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for MetLife’s National Accounts market.
- Manage overall operations of the National Accounts Proposal Team including setting of goals and objectives, staffing, and oversight of day to day operations.
- Increase the effectiveness of the team through strong leadership, performance management, and development of associates.
- Effectively lead the team to:
- produce results that support the organization’s growth goals in the acquisition of new business;
- provide outstanding customer service to all including sales partners, account team members, underwriters, product areas, and intermediaries;
- consistently produce team and individual results that meet or exceed time, service, and quality metrics;
- develop strategies and creative approaches that leverage our competencies in proposal preparation to make the RFP process for core and voluntary products a significant competitive advantage for MetLife.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the sales force, sales leadership, underwriting leadership, marketing, and product sales directors.
- Employ a strategic view of the competitive environment by identifying market trends through the RFP process and using this information to impact our proposal content and service delivery.
- Participate in development of strategies for proposal delivery of new product introductions.
- Work with voluntary products, account management and operations to synergize our core and voluntary proposals and present one face to the marketplace.
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to any part of the acquisition process.
- Utilize technology and productivity enhancements to provide an efficient and consistent approach to our delivery of core and voluntary product proposals.
- Support the organization’s overall goals by personal and team participation in projects and work teams.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 8-10 years related work experience; knowledge of group insurance products and services, as well as the group insurance sales process.
- Strong people management skills with experience managing geographically diverse team and motivating associates during peak operational periods.
- BS degree in related field.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to set strategic direction, as well as address tactical issues and make timely practical decisions.
- Significant change agent and innovator to drive and implement process improvements while managing the day to day operations of the team.
- Effective communicator - understands and applies effective negotiation and influence skills.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Don't accuse New England Life Insurance of a regional bias. The company, which operates as New England Financial, provides insurance and...