Job Title: |
Manager of Proposals (Bridgewater NJ or Aurora IL)
- Leads the team who prepares and delivers responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for MetLife’s National Accounts market.
- Manage overall operations of the National Accounts Proposal Team including setting of goals and objectives, staffing, and oversight of day to day operations.
- Increase the effectiveness of the team through strong leadership, performance management, and development of associates.
- Effectively lead the team to:
- produce results that support the organization’s growth goals in the acquisition of new business;
- provide outstanding customer service to all including sales partners, account team members, underwriters, product areas, and intermediaries;
- consistently produce team and individual results that meet or exceed time, service, and quality metrics;
- develop strategies and creative approaches that leverage our competencies in proposal preparation to make the RFP process for core and voluntary products a significant competitive advantage for MetLife.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the sales force, sales leadership, underwriting leadership, marketing, and product sales directors.
- Employ a strategic view of the competitive environment by identifying market trends through the RFP process and using this information to impact our proposal content and service delivery.
- Participate in development of strategies for proposal delivery of new product introductions.
- Work with voluntary products, account management and operations to synergize our core and voluntary proposals and present one face to the marketplace.
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to any part of the acquisition process.
- Utilize technology and productivity enhancements to provide an efficient and consistent approach to our delivery of core and voluntary product proposals.
- Support the organization’s overall goals by personal and team participation in projects and work teams.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 8-10 years related work experience; knowledge of group insurance products and services, as well as the group insurance sales process.
- Strong people management skills with experience managing geographically diverse team and motivating associates during peak operational periods.
- BS degree in related field.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to set strategic direction, as well as address tactical issues and make timely practical decisions.
- Significant change agent and innovator to drive and implement process improvements while managing the day to day operations of the team.
- Effective communicator - understands and applies effective negotiation and influence skills.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...