Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research and other services for clients in business, industry and government. MRIGlobal is currently looking for a Manager of Purchasing and Materials Management to join our team.
The Manager of Purchasing and Materials Management:
- Manages and oversees MRIGlobal activities related to procurement of project and non-project related equipment, materials, supplies, and services from intent to purchase through delivery receipt and inventory. Annual volume is in excess of $20 million.
- Directs and manages the day-to-day activities of the Purchasing, and Shipping and Receiving/Stockroom Departments.
- Owns systems and vendor relationships related to purchase requisition, company travel, purchase card provision, and office supplies.
- Provides leadership and gives guidance and direction to purchasing and shipping and receiving staff.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting/Controller and is responsible for planning and coordinating the purchasing activity of MRIGlobal and overseeing the shipping/receiving/stockroom functions. Conducts negotiations with vendors and prepares requests for bids and proposals. Manages the Purchasing Card, Online Office Supplies, Corporate Credit Card, and Travel Programs. Ensures compliance with DFAR requirements for Purchasing and Material Management. Performs export control reviews of OCONUS shipments to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
Financial accountabilities specific to this position:
- Ensures compliance with MRIGlobal policies and procedures. Manages description and update of standard operating procedures and corporate policies with related internal controls which cover purchasing and materials management activities. Owns the Material Management and Accounting business system and provides material support for the Purchasing DFAR business system and certification compliance.
- Oversees and ensures competitive quoting process to assure appropriate pricing for supplies, inventory, equipment, services, and capital items. Ensures that terms, pricing, and delivery are negotiated to provide the best value for MRIGlobal and are compliant with government contracting regulations.
- Manages MRIGlobal’s travel program including negotiation of the travel agency contract. Works with travel agency to negotiate favorable pricing for airfare, lodging, and rental cars with preferred vendors. Monitors travel costs and employee use of travel agency for business travel arrangements. Coordinates with Accounting Staff to ensure travel program is compliant with MRIGlobal’s travel policy and government travel regulations.
- Develops the annual budgets and goals for the Purchasing and Shipping/Receiving/Stockroom Departments. Monitors actual expenditures for adherence to budget guidelines. Provides performance management and evaluation and input to the annual salary plan for personnel.
- Manages and administers the purchasing card program including monitoring of cardholder usage, auditing purchase reports, resolving cardholder issues, conducting training and maintaining the User’s Manual. Identifies and implements strategies to maximize rebate opportunity.
- Manages and administers the corporate credit card program for business travel. Monitors activity for cardholder compliance with MRIGlobal policy. Identifies and implements strategies to maximize rebate opportunity.
- Manages MRIGlobal’s online office supply program for cost effectiveness and compliance. Reviews activity on a periodic basis with office supply vendor to ensure best pricing possible. Provides training to staff as necessary.
Client accountabilities specific to this position:
- Provides leadership in planning the purchasing methods and negotiating strategies for complex procurements and requests for proposals. Negotiates sole source, capital equipment, and service agreement procurements as required.
- Monitors procurement activities to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are followed in accordance with regulations and good business practices.
- Oversees shipping/receiving activity to ensure items are properly received and/or shipped as requested by internal and external clients and that high priority and hazardous materials are handled in accordance with MRIGlobal policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Oversees stockroom functions, including maintenance of appropriate inventory levels.
- Key contact for all client, internal, and government audits of the Purchasing function. This includes but is not limited to internal audits, ISO audits, and DCAA audits.
- Owns compliance and coordinates with Contracts staff to ensure MRIGlobal is compliant with the DFARS Business Systems requirements for the Purchasing System and Material Management and Accounting System.
- Manages implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of the online purchase requisition system and provides ongoing support to system users.
Internal Process accountabilities specific to this position:
- Manages activities and monitors workflow in order to ensure compliance with MRIGlobal policies and procedures, government contracting regulations, and legal requirements.
- Establishes and maintains desk procedures for processes in accordance with MRIGlobal Quality Systems control requirements.
- Serves as the Export Controls Administrator and performs export control reviews of OCONUS shipments. Coordinates efforts with in-house legal counsel and stays current on export control regulations.
- Serves on the International Trade Compliance Committee at MRIGlobal.
People accountabilities specific to this position:
- Develops and sustains strong relationships at all levels with direct staff, internal partners, and suppliers.
- Keeps abreast of best practices in the fields of Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, and Stockroom management.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with MRIGlobal’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Plans, initiates, and ensures performance of staff development programs which result in the growth and recognition of each staff member appropriate to his or her performance.
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to lead
- Strong accounting and regulatory compliance skills
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, and meet objectives, deadlines, and budget
- Effectively handles multiple tasks along with changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) and interact with all personnel at all levels in the organization in a team-based environment
- Proactive, well-organized and highly motivated
- Understanding of automated financial systems and integration
- Proven ability with business systems, software proficiency, and presentation software, used for reporting and analysis.
- Prior supervisory or management experience.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Materials Management or related field plus 7-10 years of procurement or other relevant experience
Non-for-profit and/or government contracting experience a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...