Responsible for the overall vision, direction, coordination of the Haven Hospice Attic Resale stores. Oversees and is accountable for business practices to ensure maximum sales and revenue through: volunteer recruitment and retention, donation intake and processing, inventory tracking, competitive pricing, expense management, human resource management, annual & quarterly sales plans, attaining weekly and monthly sales goals and attaining desired annual Net Profit Margin. Is responsible for planning, executing and tracking donation drives, the Merchant Donor program and the community special needs program. Is responsible for compliance to set policies and procedures specific to cash processing and donation intake. Ensures customer and donor service satisfaction. Is responsible and accountable for department budget preparation.
AA degree required. BA degree preferred. Must demonstrate 5 years of progressive management experience preferably in a retail setting. Including managing and developing staff/volunteers, addressing personnel performance issues, completing human resources functions such as recruitment, interviews and corrective action; operating a store within budgeted expense levels, forecasting, strategic planning, establishing revenue, sales and goals, making process improvements that improved margins and completing weekly/monthly/annual reporting (sales, inventory, budget stats, etc.). Customer service experience required. Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills. Ability to develop a community outreach program and partner with the business community. Ability to work with all levels of Hospice personnel, Hospice volunteers and the general public. Excellent computer skills required. Driver's license and insurance.
About the Company
Serving North Florida since 1979 and licensed as a not-for-profit hospice since 1980, Haven Hospice has been honored and privileged to care for more than 45,000 patients and families. The organization is home to offices in Bunnell, Chiefland, DeLand, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lake City, New Smyrna, Orange Park, Palatka and St. Augustine, covering 18 counties and more than 13,000 square miles.
At Haven Hospice, we realize that finding the ideal career fit means an environment that offers the best balance for work and life. We’re more than an employer and you are more than an employee. We realize there is more to your place of work than just a paycheck. Our employees are our greatest assets.
One of the ways we recognize the value of our employees is by offering an outstanding and comprehensive flexible benefits program unique to you and your lifestyle. This includes, but is not limited to, a competitive compensation program, an outstanding 401(k) program, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program with additional holidays, mileage reimbursement for those employees who use their vehicles for work-related travel, employee referral bonuses, education reimbursement, and free parking.
Haven Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace, and ACHC accredited.
- A competitive compensation program that is market tested bi-annually, which includes excellent shift differentials, premium pay, holiday pay and on-call pay. In addition, there is an annual performance-based merit increase, which over the last five years has averaged more than 3 percent each year.
- An outstanding 401(k) plan with a 100 percent match up to the first three percent and then 50 percent for the next two percent. In addition, there is an annual discretionary target contribution, which over the past two consecutive years has been an additional four percent!
- A generous PTO program that increases with longevity of service. Organizational holidays are in addition to the PTO program and separate hours are accrued in an Extended Illness Bank for serious illness or surgery.
- Excellent shift differentials, premium pay, holiday pay and on-call pay .
- A generous mileage reimbursement program for staff that use their cars for work-related travel.
- A Tuition Reimbursement program of up to $750 each year. In addition, employees who meet the necessary requirements are eligible to receive up to $5250 per year towards work on an undergraduate or graduate degree that is relevant to their position.
- Partial reimbursement for gym or health club membership .
- An employee recognition program with service awards at five-year intervals.
- A comprehensive new employee orientation .
- Health and dental insurance plans for full- and part-time employees.
- Company-Paid life insurance equal to one times the employee’s annual salary.
- Supplemental Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Medical, vision and dependent care reimbursement accounts .
Haven Hospice - 14 months ago