The Manager of Sales Operations (MSO) manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
The MSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the MSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
The ideal candidate for this role should love to work in a team environment and achieve group consensus, working collaboratively, but thinking autonomously. He or she should be able to identify and analyze problems, and develop solutions to solve them. This person should be able to sustainably and repeatedly make a positive impact wherever he or she is working. And last, but not least, the person should be able to have fun and laugh. A lot.
This position is located in San Mateo, CA.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization
- Proactively monitor and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinate planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm
- Manage Deal Desk for sales organization – reviewing and coordinating the timely completion of Master Software License Agreements (MSLAs) and RFx’s
- Support the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensure quotas are optimally allocated across all quota-carrying sales functions
- Work to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Work closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies, and facilitate an organization of continuous process improvement
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports, or assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Monitor the sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data to optimize the effectiveness of technology investments
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 4 yr. degree (B.S. preferred) from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years sales operations experience
- Demonstrated proficiency managing rigorous analytics
- Experience using salesforce.com
- Legal and/or Finance background preferred, but not required
Selectica, Inc. - 16 months ago