The basic function of this position is to manage assigned Programming Team during the development, testing, quality assurance and implementation of assigned projects to ensure that the proper application of existing policies and procedures is followed and that a high level of quality is met. Research, analyze, design/architect, maintain, document, recommend, implement and manage specific software system applications. These systems include in-house programs and subsystems to support the reporting and maintenance of those systems. Incumbent will be responsible for assigned projects in regard to quality checking, adhering to schedule and budget.
1. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise discretion and good judgment.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats in a technical environment with all levels of personnel and software vendors and interact in a positive and professional manner.
3. Ability to utilize a personal computer, telephone, facsimile and other general office equipment.
4. Ability to manage multiple priorities; work in a fast-paced environment; meet critical deadlines and analyze detailed data.
5. Ability to be on-call.
1. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to talk, hear, handle, feel and sit.
2. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manage Programming Team during the development, testing, quality assurance and implementation of assigned projects to ensure that the proper application of existing policies and procedures is followed and that a high level of quality is met.
2. Control projects assigned by the Application Development Director and take full responsibility for completion and results.
3. Ensure that program design and logic, user instructions and operating procedures are documented.
4. Review program input/output specifications, detail design specifications, report layouts and logic flow diagrams making changes and recommendations where needed.
5. Plan, schedule and coordinate activities required in developing and implementing systems relating to in-house programs and subsystems.
6. Evaluate new technology and concepts and their application for possible implementation into current systems and make recommendations for PSCU Financial Services' software solutions.
7. Participate in review process of new technologies.
8. Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting areas of responsibility.
9. Exercise discretion, influence, and independent judgment in making decisions and effecting change; interact effectively and positively with all levels of management and staff.
10. Demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills and handle confidential material.
11. Ensure compliance with security standards, regulatory requirements (such as Payment Card Industry standards, SAS 70), and other internal audit controls.
12. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
1. Provide direction and leadership to assigned staff; guide and coach staff in the completion of their day-to-day responsibilities and ensure that those established policies, procedures, and performance standards are followed.
2. Handle interviewing, hiring, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, compensation, counseling and termination of Programming Team.
3. Assign time frames and distribute projects within the team ensuring each team member has the proper workload.
4. Develop and maintain all subordinate personnel by applying the necessary training and leadership that will allow internal growth and advancement. This includes facilitating the development of personnel who are responsible for activities in multiple departments.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS: Minimum ten (10) years technical project management experience with five (5) years supervisory experience required. Minimum ten (10) years experience in the field of application development with knowledge of large scale online transaction based applications or reasonable equivalents required. Programming language work/project management experience in .Net, Java, C/C++, Visual BASIC or other object-oriented programming languages in a Windows or other server based environment required. Extensive experience in analysis and design of business unit requirements and systems development and integration is required.
PSCU IS A DRUG AND SMOKE FREE WORKPLACE
Since 1977, PSCU has been a leading provider of traditional and online financial services to credit unions. Today, we represent more than...