GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The GE Software Center of Excellence is developing a strategic set of products and services for the Industrial Internet. These products are built using the
latest technologies such as Java 5/6, J2EE, HTML5, OSGi, JPA, JTA, JMS and Spring framework and Web Services. You will lead a team of software engineers
and help develop solutions, tools and infrastructure. In this hands-on position, you will manage the people, the process and the technical direction to
ensure the products release with the highest possible quality.
As a manager of a software engineering group, you will apply your knowledge of management, software development methodologies, best practices and proven
processes to deliver a quality software product on budget, with in planned schedule with superb quality.
- You will be building a world class software development team, which should be able to deliver very complex software platforms and products
- You will be working with Product Managers and Software Architects to define the scope of a release, create a plan and deliver the product against the
scope and plan.
- A strong working knowledge of the Agile process, in both small-scale and large-scale development efforts, is essential.
- Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development.
- Hire and manage a team of 10-15 software developers to deliver a single line of software product.
- Work with an agile team through the agile development cycle.
- Work on multi-scrum-team projects, which may be globally distributed.
- Provide expertise in software development technologies.
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, and leveraging product and technology reuse.
- Support process improvements to drive higher quality and productivity.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products.
- Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results.
- Clearly articulate and document software designs and strategies.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in managing software design and development.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Java programming languages.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA.
- Must be willing to travel.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Knowledge of software components in Analytics and Big Data technologies
- Demonstrate ability to understand customer needs, industry trends; simplify strategy into specific actions.
- Ability to present clearly and succinctly to the business stakeholders and leadership including C-level executives.
- Communicate effectively within your immediate team, with the broader software team, and cross-functionally.
- Strong knowledge of OOD, software design patterns and principles.
- Java 5/6 expert.
- Strong knowledge of J2EE.
- Familiarity with JPA, JTA, JMS and Spring framework.
- Knowledge of SOA based development and Cloud computing.
- Strong Web Service, XML technologies (SOAP, JAXB, WSDL, XML).
- Strong knowledge JUnit and Test Driven Development practices.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 16 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...