Manager of Stakeholder Relations
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a nonprofit research and development institution whose purpose is to advance ideas and knowledge through a multidisciplinary program of basic and applied research. Community, Education, Government, and Public Affairs (CEGPA) currently has a Full-Time opportunity for a Manager, Stakeholder Relations.
The Community, Education, Government and Public Affairs (CEGPA) Directorate develops best-in-class communications, science education, government relations and community involvement programs that advance the science and science education missions of the Laboratory, contribute to public understanding of science and enhance the value of the Lab as a community asset and to ensure that Laboratory internal and external stakeholders are properly informed and have a voice in Lab decisions of interest and importance to them.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Management responsibility for BNL’s Stakeholder and Government Relations Office.
- Responsible for developing, executing and measuring the effectiveness of strategic stakeholder and government relations plans designed to support the priority programs and initiatives of the Lab.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including, elected and government officials and their staff, employees, retirees and facility users, representatives of civic, academic , business and not-for-profit organizations, and local, regional and national thought leaders.
- Will be required to present plans, situational analyses and recommendations to the Lab Director and senior management team.
- Anticipate issues, see the connections between issues and opportunities and develop and facilitate agreement among diverse parts of the Lab and the outside community to manage them.
- Formulate policies, processes and procedures for internal and external stakeholder engagement activities and oversee their implementation; document and demonstrate the effectiveness of stakeholder and government relations programs to independent external and internal review teams; perform benchmarking analyses across the national Lab complex and analyze and adapt industry best practices.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, social sciences or a related field.
- The Manager of Stakeholder Relations requires a minimum of fifteen years’ relevant experience in the areas of community and government relations, and demonstrated experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Must be conversant with the political process on Long Island, New York State and Washington, DC.
- Requires someone who is a strategic, energetic and a creative leader who can manage multiple and competing assignments simultaneously.
- Must have strong communications skills and the ability to manage and inspire a staff of professionals.
- Must be assertive and comfortable presenting plans to senior leaders.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
- Master’s Degree preferred
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, apply online at www.bnl.gov and click Jobs, then click Search Job List and apply to job #16364.
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
Brookhaven National Laboratory - 18 months ago
Project Coordinator 2
American Traffic Solutions
Deer Park, NY
American Traffic Solutions
- 26 days ago
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....