The Manager of State Government Affairs and Paving Advocacy shall lead and build a State government affairs and paving advocacy program that advances the US business model and increases profitability through public policy development and government decision making. Will also be actively engaged with the Sales and Marketing organization in the US.
- Manage all aspects of Lafarge’s State public affairs and paving advocacy program, including advocacy development and political strategy development.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to Health & Safety policies and practices in all work environments and areas.
- Directly advocate on behalf of Lafarge’s interests with state elected officials and agencies to advance the company’s government and public affairs interests.
- Build and maintain relationships with Governors, members of the State Legislature, State Attorney Generals and their respective staff..
- Manage Lafarge participation in NGA, Midwest Governor's, Northeast Governor’s or similar professional organizations.
- Build and maintain relationships with State DOT Directors, key State Department Directors and their respective policy staff.
- Manage state lobbying, including contract lobbyists.
- Lead participation in key State government affairs trade associations, councils and business groups.
- Take an active role in ALEC, NCSL or CSG.
- Promote effective relationships with NGO, ENGO, industry, consumer and professional groups.
- Analyze proposed state administrative and legislative actions and their impact to the organization.
- Communicate with the Sales and Marketing organization to ensure common approaches and standardization to paving advocacy.
- Serve as an internal expert on stakeholder relations, site permitting and reputation management.
- Liaise regularly with Communications team to ensure common approaches and standardization, and to obtain best practices.
- Ability to articulate paving advocacy goals with non-technical and technical government leaders.
- Develop a State political donations strategy.
- Responsible for providing tools to operations for maintaining relationships with government entities.
- Keep current with all Federal, State and Local environmental legal requirements and monitor developments and changes.
Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in business, political science, communications or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
7 years working in State government in either the Legislative or Executive branch, or similar experience in a major County or City government, or experience as an in-house or multi-client lobbyist in state government is preferred. Construction materials industry background a plus. Strong regulatory knowledge. Must be able to work as part of a team to ensure continuous improvement in functional area as well as the overall operations. Demonstrated leadership skills via personal standards of conduct, work ethics, ability to delegate, etc. E xcellent verbal, written communication, and negotiation skills. Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities. Strong problem solving skills, interpreting rules, laws, agreements, etc. D emonstrate computer proficiency.
Lafarge - 14 months ago
Lafarge North America works to be the foundation of buildings, roads, and bridges across US and Canada. As North America's largest...