The Manager of University Relations – Americas will drive the Americas university strategic initiatives ensuring alignment to business needs, market realities and the company’s global university framework. Reporting into the Director, Global University Relations the Manager will lead a University team, and work cross-functionally across the organization to drive hiring of new college grads and interns. The function will drive best practices in the university function and will enable NetApp to continue to attract and assess top talent throughout the company. The successful candidate will have a strong reputation as a leader, and lead by direct example. Engaging, dynamic, direct and transparent, this person will have solid presence and authentic interactions at every level of the organization. This person will create a team environment of performance and collaboration while supporting a sustainable and scalable infrastructure for the America’s organization.
- Develop and lead the America’s university relations strategy providing organization-wide guidance and oversight of strategic talent management practices with a hands-on approach, implementing innovative, competitive, cost-effective strategies for recruiting and selecting diverse, high-quality talent
- Manage all aspects, strategic and tactical, of NetApp’s college recruiting process, including sourcing, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and reporting for full-time and co- op/intern candidates
- Drive confirmation of hiring targets for the Americas with business units, HR and Finance partners.
- Partner with the University Relationship Managers to regularly adapt the sourcing strategy for core schools and virtual recruitment to the projected business demand.
- Partner with the Director of UR and Global partners to build out the core school methodology to track and analysis of ROI from each core schools,
- Be alert to all activities at core universities (e.g. research/academic alliance) to leverage those appropriately in the recruitment effort.
- Foster a collaborative, professional environment with a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure the corporate brand is communicated effectively in the America’s university relations activities and maintain freshness across materials, websites, and campus events.
- Ensure the on-boarding process is effective and relevant to the new college and intern needs for Americas.
- Manage “operational excellence” for the Americas team; i.e. partnering with HR, Payroll, Staffing Programs to ensure smooth operations for University Relations.
- Develop and implement mechanisms to audit data integrity of the university process that will help drive the story of success for university relations.
- Remain abreast of best campus practices, innovating and testing new ideas for the Americas.
- Remain mindful of overall US immigration issues and to build them into the new college and intern strategy.
- Manage and leverage relationships with industry organizations, internal peer organizations, and key external stakeholders to maximize effective outreach and to continuously explore best practices
- Travel as necessary (10% to 25%) to colleges and universities
- 8+ years experience with recruiting
1 to 5 years as a people manager is desired and a strong plus.
- Including 5 years recruiting college students a plus
- Proven track record of hitting recruiting goals and closing candidates, establishing campus relationships, measuring effectiveness of recruiting efforts, and managing budgets
- Experience with recruiting new college grads, co- op/intern candidates a plus
- Strong selling skills (sales experience is a plus, but not required)
- Ability to develop and implement successful recruitment and selection strategies in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as an individual contributor and 1 to 5 years as a people manager is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects is required.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
NetApp - 2 years ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....