About Think Through Learning |
Think Through Learning provides cutting edge, customized online math instruction to K-12 students through its award- winning SaaS product Think Through Math ( “TTM ”). Our high quality software is the 2012 winner of the SIIA CODiE award for Best Mathematics Instructional Solution.
Think Through Learning, a high-energy web-based education company, seeks a professional, resourceful, hard-working team player to join us in our main Pittsburgh office as a full-time Manager of User Experience. The Manager of User Experience will define the UX and information architecture processes for the company. This position will be a key member of the product development team and have a significant impact on the direction and design of Think Through Learning°s current and planned products for the education technology market, as well as contribute to our brand presence online. The User Experience Manager will be responsible for gathering user, customer and stakeholder input and produce wireframes, prototypes, mockups, storyboards and visual designs for implementation. As Think Through Learning°s core products are web-based applications, the ideal candidate will have a background with usability for web applications.
- Conduct stakeholder, customer and end-user interviews to catalog user needs and usability shortcomings
- Manage focus groups and A/B testing, internally and through vendors
- Use wireframing tools such as Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, and Axure or HTML mockups to obtain rapid feedback on concepts, information hierarchies, and navigation structures
- Produce prototypes, mockups and designs for incorporation in to the product based on user and stakeholder input as well as best practices
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and the roles that UX plays in each phase.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills. The User Experience Manager will work closely with team members from across the organization to produce deliverables.
- Solid presentation skills and a focus on the customer.
- Ability to communicate usability issues to senior management and work with other areas of the business to ensure their requirements are represented in the product.
- Demonstrated ability to develop usability as a core organizational principle within a corporate culture, and to mentor engineers and designers on usability principles.
- Mentor and manage more junior UX Staff
- Experience with design and usability for K-12 students, including running focus groups and user surveys for this demographic
- Mobile strategy, especially designing and harmonizing cross-device workflows. Experience with mobile UI frameworks such as jQuery mobile or Sencha, or native iOS/Android apps
- Experience using git for version control
- Exposure to HTML templating languages such as HAML and slim
- Exposure to CSS preprocessors such as SASS and LESS, and JS preprocessors such as CoffeeScript
- Previous experience with educational or e-learning sites and applications
- Exposure to Agile or Scrum development methodologies, with experience integrating usability and UX in to these types of product development environments.
Minimum 5+ years in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and user experience roles with increasing levels of responsibility, in corporate or consultative organizations.
Minimum Bachelor ’s Degree with focus on Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, Visual Arts, or Computer Science.
Think Through Learning Inc. - 17 months ago