Manager of Victim Services 088-12
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of those who want a safer future, MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end this danger on America’s roads. PowerTalk 21™ is the national day for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven strategies of Power of Parents, It’s Your Influence™ to reduce the risk of underage drinking. And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD also supports drunk driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every 10 minutes at 1-877-MADD-HELP.
The MADD TYler, TX office is currently seeking candidates for the position of Manager of Victim Services 088-12
Manage the implementation of victim services programming across the state or within a specified service area. Recruit, train, develop and manage assigned victim services employees and volunteers. Conducts ongoing community needs assessments to determine best resource allocation and service delivery. May author, manage and monitor grant proposals and active grants. Provide services to victims as determined by community needs assessment, covering areas where there are gaps in service.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide supervision, technical assistance, mentoring and training to both paid victim services employees (must supervise at least two (2) Victim Services employees) and victim services volunteers, which includes the development of work plans, problem solving and the provision of guidance on issues that arise from working with victims of drunk driving. Review victim services staff and volunteer level of service and performance, taking appropriate steps to facilitate corrections or changes.
2. May author, manage and/or monitor VOCA grant proposals and active grants including reporting to the MADD National office.
3. Ensure that appropriate victim assistance programs are in place; monitor and report on the effectiveness of the programs.
4. Identify and coordinate contacts with state resources available to victims such as contacts in the criminal justice system, social welfare agencies, and support groups.
5. Conduct ongoing community needs assessments, analyzing the needs of victims within service areas to determine appropriate resource allocation and best service delivery methods.
6. Provide effective and efficient service to victims in areas not serviced by existing victim services programming.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree is required in a human services field of study (i.e. social work, psychology, sociology, criminal justice) with a minimum of five years of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death), or
2. Equivalent experience that includes a minimum of five to seven years of experience in victim advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work (specifically bereaved individuals due to death).
3. Three years of experience as a MADD Lead Victim Services Specialist or with another organization working specifically with crime victims. Prior personnel management and/or leadership is required.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; ability to establish rapport with individuals in difficult situations; and high level of customer service initiative required.
5. Ethical behavior and confidentiality are a must in this position.
6. Transportation to court attendance is required along with a flexible schedule. Ability to travel throughout the assigned state or specified service area.
Interested Candidates should forward resumes to the following email address: email@example.com
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.
MADD - 17 months ago