The goal of the Web Analytics Manager within the ACTIVE’s Global Research & Analytics Team is to drive product performance and the quality of ACTIVE’s audience relationships by transforming data into actionable business intelligence through the use of modeling and advanced statistical procedures. The Web Analytics Manager also has end-to-end accountability for Web analytics including planning, execution, reporting, and governance across the enterprise’s portfolio of products. The Web Analytics Manager must fully understand the priorities, metrics, accountabilities and Key Performance Indicators of all products in ACTIVE portfolio.
An important role of the Web Analytics Manger is building deep audience insight, including understanding audience segmentation; their attitudes and purchase behaviors. Based on these insights, the Analytics Manger’s extended team drives fully-optimized consumer registration/conversion experiences; delivering value to customers and consumers through Web application SaaS experiences.
- Guide the development of predictive and behavioral analyses and models that are used by the business to enhance targeting, increase revenue, generate cost savings, and allocate resources more efficiently.
- Perform hands-on analysis of individual and organizational data, using tools such as SQL, R and/or SPSS, to access large databases and deliver end-user insights used in campaigns, planning, and reporting.
- Leverage objective user behavioral data to enhance and extend Marketing & Product Development insight by directly analyzing past and present customer behavior as a predictor of future behavior. Transform audience data into actionable corporate asset.
- Be one of a select few experts on ACTIVE’s vast customer data assets.
- Collaboration: Drives alignment and teamwork within a team, department, or across organizational boundaries. Combines resources and joins efforts in order to achieve ACTIVE’s goals.
- Drive for Results: Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes, using effective approaches to solve problems. Delivers on commitments and seeks increasingly challenging work. Takes responsibility and appropriately holds others responsible for actions, decisions, and goals.
- Customer Focus: Anticipates customer needs, and focuses efforts to proactively meet and exceed customer expectations. Recognizes and acknowledges the problems, obstacles, and issues that customers want to solve, and creates, or facilitates the creation of, the right products and services.
- Sound Judgment / Deep Insight: Effectively scopes problems. Builds and applies a job-relevant knowledge base. Makes decisions with conviction.
- Influencing Others: Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others. Creates buy-in and change with people at all levels of the organization.
- Adaptability: Demonstrates curiosity, and actively explores options. Responds efficiently to changing demands and circumstances. Functions effectively in ambiguous situations. Maintains a positive attitude in times of stress.
- Experienced in modeling, statistical analysis, and business intelligence.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, proactive, results-driven personality and a passion for technology.
- Ability to professionally present and articulate the business value of complicated analysis to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Project management experience is necessary as this position will "own" work efforts with internal ACTIVE partners.
- Translate findings into clear insights and then communicate verbally and through compelling written documents is a must.
- Manage and Guide the operations of a team of Web Analytics Researchers and be accountable for delivering results through these resources.
- Work within and draw upon the talents of a cross-functional industrial research team including User-centered Design Researchers, Advanced Quantitative Marketing Modelers, Ethnographers, and Business Intelligence analysts.
- As data interpretation and analysis is such an important part of this position, we are looking for someone with experience interpreting reports, drawing valid conclusions and working on statistical inferences and statistical modeling as part of our advanced analytics team.
- 3+ Years managing people
- 7+ years of experience in Web analytics.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical software such as SAS and/or SPSS, SQL Server Analysis Services, and advanced Excel capabilities.
- 3+ years of database development experience using SQL Server, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Familiarity with programing languages such as C/C#
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Marketing, or related field of study or equivalent experience is required.
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in a related field is preferred.
The Active Network, Inc - 15 months ago