Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
What do you want your next job to accomplish? Next Street was founded in 2005 on an idea: to equip urban business owners and nonprofit leaders with the same level of talent that Wall Street, Madison Avenue, and the elite management consultancies provide to Fortune 500 CEOs. Our clients are successful organizations with revenue of $5 million to $100 million. We connect the dots at every level and in multiple industries to create a network that sustains small business growth and wealth creation in America’s inner cities. We deliver game-changing impact to our “urban blue chip” clients, getting them to the next level and unleashing the power of enterprise to create jobs in the communities that need them most. We look for people who combine significant experience in their field at large organizations with a passion for building small companies in urban markets: people who love cities, love business, and thrive on challenge.
Next Street recently launched a strategic alliance with the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC), America’s leading think-tank on the urban economy. By co-locating together, Next Street and ICIC are better equipped to advance their own missions and drive economic prosperity in the inner city.
No matter the position, you will work with talented, committed professionals in finance, strategic business planning, talent management, recruiting, and marketing. This unique integrated service model gives us the ability to finance and implement the growth solutions we propose. Every member of our team will tell you that this is enormously satisfying work.
Next Street’s Talent practice is seeking an experienced talent acquisition professional to become our Managing Associate, Talent Acquisition and lead and guide the external recruitment business line of our broader Talent Management group, delivering consistently high-quality project management to our core small business and nonprofit clients, as well as leading and overseeing internal recruiting needs. Reporting to the Director of Talent, this position manages external and internal recruiting associates and sourcing analysts, and partners with our Organizational Development team to comprehensively address our client’s staffing needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of external recruitment client engagements; provide proactive, diligent client management for small business CEOs and nonprofit leaders and/or their designated hiring managers
- Manage and support the Talent Acquisition team in conducting searches and hiring: sourcing our proprietary databases, online databases, and social networking sites; screening and interviewing candidates; calibrating interviews; checking references; making offers; advising clients on creating 90-day onboarding plans; and managing successful candidate acclimation with an eye towards long-term placement.
- Proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to create and apply innovative recruitment strategies with a strong focus on filling an evergreen talent pipeline, both for our clients and internally
- Oversee maintenance of internal and external applicant tracking systems and manage reporting as needed
In addition to a passion for the work we do, candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 7 years of professional recruitment/human resources experience conducting senior-level searches. Preference is given to corporate or agency recruiters with high-volume recruiting experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (applicant tracking software a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning, time and project management, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, manage workload imbalance, work under pressure, and with a sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge of internet recruiting strategies, candidate and community networking and able to support diversity by demonstrating initiatives for inclusive recruiting
- Strong research and networking skills and an understanding of basic HR practices and principles, all applicable employment, labor, wage laws and EEO and ADA regulations, as well as knowledge of employment policies and procedure is highly preferred
Why Next Street?
Next Street is the right company for you if you want to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good in an environment that is fast-paced and intense with a commitment to doing what is right for our clients. You will have direct contact with our clients and the opportunity to contribute to their growth. We are a meritocracy, and career progress is determined by your contribution to our clients and Next Street as a whole.
- A demonstrated capacity for teamwork as well as a flair for entrepreneurial innovation
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and take initiative
- Willingness to work beyond conventional hours and locations, as our clients do
- Comfort with a “flat,” multi-disciplinary structure without the insulation of business “silos”
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of one’s position in the organization
- The maturity to work productively inside a client organization as well as our own
What we provide to our clients is unavailable to small business owners in any marketplace:
This is Next Street: a merchant bank for the urban enterprise.
- A breadth and depth of relevant experience which transcends their own
- The ability to adapt and solve for almost any challenge that confronts them
- Connections to institutions that can help them get hard things done
- Objective counsel from an outsider—with an inside knowledge of their company
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Next Street Financial - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard