KETCHUM CHANGE is a global change management and communications consultancy with a global headquarters in New York and offices in Atlanta, Chicago, London, Munich and San Francisco. In business for over 35 years, Ketchum Change provides clients with strategic and innovative solutions to engage and align employees with business objectives to drive organizational performance. As a specialty unit inside Ketchum company in the Omnicom Group, our global network meets diverse client needs. We are the only consulting group focused specifically on change, workforce communications and employee engagement inside this network. Our consultants are passionate change management, employee engagement, and workplace communication specialists who have varied expertise, business experience, and a commitment to helping our clients optimize their investment in their most valuable asset - employees. As part of a global communications company with 3000+ employees worldwide in over 65 countries, we have resources and experts we team with around the world. Our products and offerings are specialized, creative and innovative—designed to integrate research, measurement, communications, behavioral science and change management to optimize the employer-employee relationship and drive tangible business results.
…then keep reading. We think you’d enjoy working with us!
- Have an intellectual curiosity and creative spirit that drives your desire to develop innovative change and communication solutions;
- Like to use your strong analytical and assessment skills to develop bespoke solutions;
- Desire to grow and build a business in an entrepreneurial environment with a unique mission supported by the resources of a global company;
- Have a passion for leading client engagement teams and developing a highly motivated staff;
- Are excited by working with some of the greatest national and global brands;
- Can be as enthusiastic rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done as you are counseling a C-suite executive;
- Enjoy the challenge of working on complex organizational, leadership, employee, and branding challenges;
- Prefer a non-hierarchical environment and a more reasonable travel schedule than a traditional big consulting firm; and
- Like to celebrate successes, can laugh at yourself when you make a mistake, and enjoy the thrill of winning and exceeding expectations.
As a Managing Consultant you lead the design, development and execution of strategic change, employee engagement and workforce communications initiatives that impact organizational and functional performance, particularly in the communications, marketing and HR space.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and have a strong client service and new business orientation. Managing Consultants come to KPC with approximately 7-10 years of experience and backgrounds in areas such as organizational development, strategic workforce communications and engagement, operational and culture change, internal branding, and talent management. As part of a global public relations company, you will have access to a broad range of industries, clients and business issues that will enhance your business acumen and deepen your existing skills.
You will manage as well as play a role in the design and delivery of solutions that may include:
As Managing Consultant you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day project work of multiple work-streams and multiple clients. You will have responsibility for the management and development of junior staff and will play a key leadership role in shaping KPC’s future growth and direction through internal organizational initiatives such as business development, consultant training, methodology development and recruiting.
- Designing/conducting organizational and functional assessments, analyzing data, producing and presenting final reports
- Designing workforce communication and engagement strategies and developing content including tactics and key messages
- Developing change strategies and providing implementation recommendations and support
- Advising senior leaders on how to effectively lead during transformations
- Developing communication, engagement and change impact measurement strategies and implementation support
- Developing internal branding and employer value proposition strategies, messages and programs
- Creating and facilitating learning experiences including workshops and strategy sessions at all levels in an organization
- Staff development including competency models, performance management, training and development, succession planning
KPC will help the successful candidate integrate into the larger Ketchum Public Relations organization, where strong working relationships and collaboration with Ketchum PR and Digital professionals is a key ingredient for success. Finally, new business, including proposal and budget preparation, participation in sales pitches, building work plans, managing project teams within KPC and across Ketchum, and client relationships are all responsibilities of this position. This position will be responsible for new business goals within assigned geographies and accounts.
- We seek candidates with an advanced degree in Business Administration, Communications, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, HR Management or comparable experience.
- Individual with approximately 7 - 10 years of practical experience in organizational and change management consulting
- Significant business, practice and people development experience required
- Significant project management skills for multiple work streams
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Recent experience working in a client-oriented, professional services environment with Fortune 500 organizations a MUST
- Candidate must have deep understanding of business fundamentals, corporate strategy and organizational issues.
- Must have excellent diagnostic skills and the ability to identify and implement appropriate interventions.
- Strong communication (including writing, editorial and presentation), personal interaction and persuasion skills required
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills combined with a creative mindset
- Must be able to efficiently deal with ambiguity and multi-tasking demands.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high quality and service excellence
- Position requires travel as needed for new business and project work (generally 30-50%).
What makes someone thrive at Ketchum Pleon Change?
- Passion for client service
- Shows a willing to roll-up their sleeves and do the work – regardless of level.
- Is a scrappy self-starter who is entrepreneurial in getting things done.
- Cares for the personal and professional development of junior team members.
- Enjoys fast-paced, agency/professional services dynamic environment.
- Can multi-task and work flexibly.
- Enjoys freedom, high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Is mobile and has a bit of wanderlust– willing to get on a train, plane or car to meet the client or prospect.
- Likes to enjoy the fruits of hard work by infusing fun into daily work and celebrating successes.
Ketchum - 17 months ago
Uncommonly smart, curious and passionate – that’s who we are. Great ideas that shatter expectations – that’s what we...