Altarum Institute is seeking a Managing Consultant within our Business Advisory Services practice area in Alexandria, VA. Altarum’s current portfolio of projects include Program Management Office support, quantitative business analysis, revenue cycle management, budget planning, financial modeling, performance measurement, policy implementation, compliance, strategic communications, and business process management. This position is designed to lead large federal health projects and develop relationships with new clients, strengthening current client rapport, and manage internal teams. We are looking for an accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference to our veteran population and other government entities.
This position requires a significant amount of time to be spent interacting with clients, project team members and overseeing the development of deliverables.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Manage expectations of service delivery and direct staff to accomplish deadlines.
• Develop project plans and resources estimates, monitor and track project execution and ensure budgets and timelines are met.
• Other key project management duties will include: planning levels of effort (LOE’s), developing project road maps, setting milestones, assigning tasks, setting objectives, and meeting contract scopes of work.
• Present all project deliverables and findings to senior client stakeholders and practice area leadership, as required.
• Foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment with individual accountability and ownership to the success of the practice.
• Commit to developing knowledge, continue to learn and share knowledge with clients and team members.
• Build collaborative methods to develop and share internal reports with institute peers.
• Build client relationships across multiple federal (and non-federal) agencies.
Prospective candidate for this position must possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred (MBA, MHA, MPH).
• Seven (7) to fifteen (15) years of professional consulting experience with at least three (3) years of independently leading groups and project work plans. Four (4) years of Project Management experience; certification preferred (PMP).
• Experience leading large projects, preferably in a consulting environment, developing work plans, coordinating resources to meet deadlines for deliverables, and tracking staff contributions.
• Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables within tight timeframes, under pressure.
• Proficient with consulting and technical tools (MS Office Suite, analytics, etc.)
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience with federal healthcare systems, including the Veterans Health Administration, Military Health System, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) experience.
• Prior Big 4 or other large firm consulting experience.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 19 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...