: The Managing Director is responsible for leading and managing Claraview, a division of Teradata, providing database agnostic consulting services activities for customers and targeted accounts.
The Claraview MD reports directly to the Americas Professional Services VP and is a peer to the Industry Managing Partners in the Americas. The Claraview MD is directly involved in account planning for both Claraview direct and Teradata opportunities and is responsible for developing and managing order and revenue forecasts for all Claraview business. The Claraview MD must be subject matter expert for all business intelligence services offers and engagements. They will take a leadership role in securing new Claraview clients with a focus on defining new engagements, regularly negotiating with contractors, and regularly negotiating with up to CXO level within our customers and prospects for all Claraview related contracts.
The Claraview MD plans, organizes and coordinates the long-range and day-to-day activities of the business managing multiple, complex engagements, large project teams and internal support resources. This includes direct accountability for managing a team of subordinate Managing Partners, Partners, and Principal Consultants. The Claraview leadership team will be responsible for managing large complex engagements comprised of team members pulled from a myriad of organizations including PS Partners, Principal Consultants, Senior Executive Program Managers, Project Managers, Off-shore resources, Contractor, Center of Expertise, and Client resources. The Claraview MD is responsible for driving long-term, strategic relationships with Claraview clients, Teradata clients, and prospects.
Within the PS organization, the Claraview MD has full operational responsibility for planning, finances/budget, end results and setting policies for Claraview as well as for the development of forecasts for resource deployment, business process integration, change management and results tracking that directly affect Claraview profitability. The Claraview MD is directly responsible to develop and execute the practice's business plan and the practice's capabilities in terms of demand creation, service delivery and resource management within assigned area. At this level the Claraview MD typically has responsibility for full stream results including revenue, costs, gross margin dollars, and, unlike other Industry Managing Partners, operating income (OI).
The Claraview MD has responsibility for the recruitment, development, and retention of multiple PS Partners and PS Principals, and PS associates, manages the PS knowledge management strategy and initiative, including revenue generation through IP offerings. The Claraview MD provides advice and counsel to PS leadership at a region and global basis on topics such as revenue and margin growth, quality, process, profitability strategy, and resource requirements. The span of control for this role is expected to be 160+ resources at any given time including offshore team(s). Annual PS revenue objectives are a minimum of $25M, half of which is expected from joint Claraview/Teradata clients and the other half which must be driven and managed by Claraview resources without any involvement from other Teradata resources.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
Developing and managing Claraview in the following areas:
Core direct Claraview business (non-Teradata customers)
Teradata Americas Business Intelligence COE
Teradata PS team for the National Accounts Division (NAD)
PS orders, revenue, gross margin, and operating income
New clients, client retention
Engagement planning, staffing, quality, and execution
Client satisfaction and relationship management.
Management of 200-300 employees and contractors, both onshore and offshore
Grow business from $50m run rate in Q3/2013 per corporate objectives
This positionâ€™s location is Reston, VA or San Francisco, CA.
Skills and Attributes
This highly visible role will require prior superior leadership/management experience in BI/DW Consulting Services. The individual must be a skilled leader in the application of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing technologies. In addition they should possess a strong business development and organizational leadership background. Education requirement is a minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s with a Masterâ€™s preferred. 15 yearsâ€™ supervisory/management experience is plus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- and subject matter expertise skills for entire Americas region and significant offshore initiatives. This requires the ability to craft offers from pieces of existing offers, or to create a new PS offer from scratch and develop the business case, offer, SOW, P&L and implementation strategy for use at targeted accounts as well as within the broader Teradata targeted accounts. This also requires the ability to manage complex contract negotiations for both master agreements and SOWs consistent with Teradata's contract and bid review processes.
- The Claraview MD is responsible for managing a full stream P&L. In addition they are responsible for a SG&A budget of approximately $2.0M. The SG&A activities include F&A and PS Business Operations, administration, HR, Marketing, and Solution Development. They are also expected to have active participation in forecasting, operations management, revenue recognition, contract management, profitability vs. objectives, budget management (including presales) and resource management. The Claraview MD is expected to provide input/direction on improving internal support systems and processes.
- The Claraview MD is expected to provide leadership in the development of Teradata's consulting capabilities by mentoring subordinate PS managers and staff assigned to his/her engagements as well as direct reports. Active participation is also required in determining long-range staffing directions as well as recruiting activities at the overall industry level.
Consulting Skills/Business Consulting
- Leads practice activities (e.g., mentoring program, skill development course, taskforce, BI Center of Excellence) and is expected to implement appropriate strategic and tactical change through subordinate managers.
- This position requires an individual to leverage their collective experience, and expertise, to consult with client and prospect up to and including CXO levels, to articulate Claraview/Teradata's position regarding various DW consulting topics. Often, this requires the individual to take a position contrary to the prospect's or client's existing point of view, and in some cases the Teradata account team, thus, the impetus is on the Claraview MD to factually delineate the case for his/her position on a given topic. This may include client references, past experience, risk/reward discussions, and potential consequences of a "no-decision" mentality. This also involves supporting Teradata's Knowledge Management initiatives by ensuring consulting best practices are "harvested" for inclusion in Teradata's methods, tools and techniques.
- As a member of the senior leadership team within Teradata Americas Professional Services, the Claraview MD is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with the other Teradata Americas Region Industry teams and organizations supporting the region. This involves providing thought leadership in overall account strategies as well as responsibility for developing the solution and PS-related strategies that are consistent with the overall account/area strategies. These responsibilities require the Claraview MD to leverage past experiences, training and expertise to identify opportunities and develop winning strategies. The ability to focus on those "high-value", "high-probability" opportunities is absolutely critical to the success of this role. The Claraview MD is also expected to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key decision makers within targeted accounts.
- Ability to manage and oversee projects with over 160 consultants in multiple industries and countries. This also includes the responsibilities to collaborate with other systems integrators and strategy partners in both prime and sub relationships within targeted accounts. The Claraview MD ensures the quality of the consulting services and work products for his/her subordinate managers and for all Claraview Professional Services engagements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
or BS required, Masters preferred
of 15 years with increasing supervisory and management experience
P&L or budget management experience required, experience selling BI
consulting projects highly desirable.
possess a strong understanding of technical, cost, risk and business
implications on a broad spectrum of subject matter (HR, Finance, etc)
total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong
work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans
AMS Sales & Services
Teradata - 17 months ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...