Managing Director, Institutional Sales (Broker Dealer Platform)
Managing Director, Institutional Sales (Broker Dealer)
John Hancock Mutual Funds (JHF), a division of Manulife Financial, is a premier provider of asset management and investment strategies. John Hancock has been helping individuals and institutions build and protect wealth for 150 years. At a time when trust and confidence are at a great premium, we are proud to offer a full range of investment strategies that carry one of America's strongest and most recognized corporate brands.
The Managing Director, Institutional Sales (Broker Dealer) is responsible for the sale of mutual fund products and separately managed accounts through the professional buyers, gatekeepers and analysts at Broker Dealers (B/D) and Third Party Asset Management Platforms (TAMP). Primary responsibility is to get John Hancock Mutual Funds and SMA strategies added to B/D and Tamp models and recommended lists.
• Work with Product and Investment Management to develop and understand investment
• Work and communicate with National Accounts
• Interact with Fund/Product subadvisors to maintain product knowledge
• Provide regular reporting of activities, pipeline of new sales opportunities, large client
focuses and product initiatives to Sales Leadership
• Provide updates and investment reviews to existing clients
• Travel a minimum of 60% percent of the time
• Bachelor's degree
• Master's or professional designation of CIMA or CFA a plus
• Minimum of 10 year's in financial services industry, with a minimum of 7 years of
demonstrated sales experience
• Series 6, 7, 63 and 65 licenses
• Detailed understanding of the Institutional Sales Cycle
• Strong knowledge of the Investment Management Industry
• National Account Knowledge and Experience
• Consultative Selling Skills
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
• Proven record of successful sales expertise in the consultant and analyst market segment
About John Hancock:
At John Hancock you will find a wealth of opportunity both professionally and personally. Whether you take advantage of our continuous training and development offerings or participate in community events, you will have the opportunity to grow. We offer careers from Investments to IT, Finance to Marketing, Sales to Legal, and Actuarial to Human Resources, to name a few.
John Hancock is a subsidiary of Manulife Financial, a leading Canadian-based financial services group serving millions of customers in 22 countries and territories worldwide. The Company offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Each product and service employees its own team to support the sales, marketing, customer service, analysis, and senior management responsibilities.
For more information about our benefits and organization please visit
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
JH Mutual Fund
John Hancock - 21 months ago
From our humble beginnings in 1862 as a four person company formed in a single room, the name John Hancock, one of our nation's forefathers...