With the support of this team, the Managing Director of Direct Sales will:
- Develop, cultivate and scale a world class Direct Sales team and consistently hit ambitious revenue, client retention and growth goals
- Mentor the team in developing deep consultative and solution-based sales skills
- Guide the team by creating strategies around pipeline management, online sales and individualized pitches to C-level executives.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing the team’s pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts/closes
- Lead industry strategy by developing deep non profit knowledge to build and maintain strong relationships with top client executives.
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to evangelize the product to meet client needs.
- Drive the future of Change.org’s paid services through improving our existing paid product and identifying new lines of business to diversify and further scale revenue.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Applicants need to be based in or ready to self-locate to Washington DC or New York City.
- You are an advertising sales guru
- 10+ years experience in managing sales teams preferred
- A career of demanding excellence with proven successes.
- Candidates must have experience building and scaling successful sales teams
- A relentless entrepreneurial spirit
- A tight focus on metrics and results
- Superb communication and leadership skills.
- Experience working with nonprofits is preferable but not required
- Interest in working at a mission-driven company and proving that’s it’s possible to build a successful social enterprise is a must.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.