Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to be part of a ground-up, international venture with Delaware North Companies! Delaware North Companies has partnered with SATS to create a Joint Venture to develop and operate the Singapore Sports Hub, scheduled to open in Spring 2014.
The Singapore Sports Hub will be a fully integrated sports, entertainment and lifestyle hub for everyone in Singapore. With its world-class facilities, the Sports Hub will be the Centre for Singapore's elite athletes and high performance management as well as an ideal location for sports and entertainment events, sports administration, and sports and recreation businesses. Visit www.sportshub.com.sg and www.delawarenorth.com/international to learn more.
The General Manager Hospitality & Catering is required to align business objectives and operational deliverables by leading the Sports Hub’s operational Hospitality & Catering team to achieve revenue targets, guest and client satisfaction and compliance with legislation and company policies and procedures.
Specifically, this role will have responsibility for:
- Full profit and loss responsibilities for Singapore Sportshub
- Full project management of the joint venture relationship with SATS and key stakeholders
- Development of business plan for venue including resourcing, project management and benefits realisation
- Execute new and existing fit outs working with builders and designers to deliver projects as per the project plan including being on time and within budget
- Establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the venue client
- Lead day to day operations and provision of the catering services across retail, corporate, membership and non event day activities
- Provide leadership direction and coaching to develop Delaware North talent.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Demonstrated success in hospitality leadership, with a minimum 10 years experience at a General Manager or Director level
- Operational leadership within a stadia environment including management of retail concessions, retail vending, corporate suites and boxes, premium restaurants and non event day facilities
- Experience in managing capital budgets, construction and building works programs and budget plans
- Experience in leading build and opening teams in a new stadium environment
- Driving revenue growth and improved profitability in new and mature business segments
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders, including a joint venture relationship and contractors
- Excellent influencing skills including building lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Successful candidate will be required to give a 3-year commitment to the joint venture. Delaware North Companies ex-patriate benefits available to non-local candidates.
- Profit & loss responsibility for multi-million dollar contracts including development of financial & business plans, monitoring, reporting of variances and implementing actions to ensure targets are met
- Developing talent through effective performance management, coaching and mentoring to build a high performing team and clear succession plan.
- Strong business acumen including financial skills, decision making, marketing, planning, prioritisation and business analysis
- Ability to drive a culture of ownership and accountability
- Coaching and managing performance of large teams including poor performers and high potentials
- Sound knowledge of OH&S, food safety, employment and other compliance requirements
Delaware North Companies - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs...