The Managing Director (MD) of AvroKO San Francisco is a two part role that consists of
• Operational Management: overall professional operations manager for the office focusing on Practice & Project Management & Performance Monitoring, and
• Project / Design Management: Managing interior architecture projects for the office.
The MD’s core responsibilities are;
Project Performance Monitoring
• Hold periodic status meetings with other Project Managers to discuss project status (operational and financial as well as schedule milestones), assist with client relations, and addressing key areas of concern.
Practice & Management Procedures
• Overseas use of key operational standards, policies and procedures provided from head office, and ensuring compliance internally for such areas of practice as
o Assist head office in responding to RFP’s and preparing and negotiating contracts.
o Preparing project specific Work plans and Project Reports.
o Assisting other Project Managers in managing additional services processes.
• Train staff in the use of tools and adherence to procedures provided from head office.
• Maintains SFO office wide schedules of all projects for the office including interior architecture and graphics.
• Manages resource allocation for entire SFO staff. Sets project teams and forecasts staffing requirements.
• Liaison between principals and staff to keep principals informed of
o Project status overview and performance.
o Staffing allocations and needs review.
PROJECT / DESIGN MANAGEMENT
The MD also serves as AvroKO’s primary interface between the AvroKO design team and the client and is primarily responsible for ensuring AvroKO performs to its contractual obligations by managing the project and its design.
This part of the position includes;
• Oversee execution of professional services from a client perspective; ensure design is responding to client’s needs and vision. Maintain client communications and contact, in particular for scope of work and services.
• Obtain all necessary client approvals.
Project Management including
• Liaises with Controller for contract billings and collections, vendor and consultant contract administration and reimbursable processing.
• Manages and monitors scope and ensures execution and delivery based on executed proposal or contract; notifies clients of add-services as appropriate.
• Develops and manages project schedule and milestones to ensure project is on time.
• Manages and monitors project budget.
• Conducts weekly team meetings with staff assigned to job and other key project team members (e.g. Furniture Director, FF & E and Graphics Designer) to go over key compliance, financial, schedule and operational milestones.
• Schedules and prepares for contractually scheduled meetings with Owner, GC and Principal in Charge.
• Reviews work product for quality assurance and oversee compliance with Office Standards
Project Design Leadership including
• Leading the AvroKO team in conceiving of the project design to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design.
• Liaison between the Principal in Charge and the design team during the design process.
• Organize and run regular in house design sessions presenting to the P.I.C and with the team.
• Responsible for the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent.
• Reviewing all documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
• Represent AvroKO and the design at consultant coordination meetings.
• Manage design coordination within AvroKO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between Owners consultants and AvroKO.
• Supervise, develop and mentor Designers.
• Direct team in creating and delivering presentations based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
• Oversee the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
• Lead the AvroKO team in performing its construction administration services and independently resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
• BArch (5 year professional) or Bachelor of Interior Architecture required, Masters preferred.
• 10 years + Post graduate experience.
• Outstanding design talent and passionate conceptual thinker.
• Strong presentation skills, both graphically and in person
• Minimum 5 years prior interior architecture experience required. Hospitality design of restaurants and hotels preferred.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented.
• Demonstrable leadership experience as a project manager for at least 4 years.
• Proven broader practice management experience for at least 2 years.
• Strong documentation and construction administration skills to lead projects through all phases.
• AutoCAD 2010 or later.
• Confident hand sketching and illustration ability very desirable, but not required.
• Adobe Creative suite and sketch up preferred, but not required.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Immediate availability strongly preferred.
Coroflot - 17 months ago