Summary of Responsibilities
The Primary responsibilities of the Managing Director/Managing Partner of a standard (non-large) market are to lead the effort in the firm to identify market opportunities, synthesize those opportunities into a strategy, lead executive or home office input and approval of the strategy, promote the plan in the firm, align detached offices, and monitor and follow- up on strategic initiatives.
1. The MD/MP is also responsible for overseeing initiatives to create firm-wide capacity through recruiting highly experienced and talented individuals who fit with MetLife’s vision, values, and culture, reviewing and evaluating existing talent, and maintaining a balance between profitability and creation of capacity.
2. The MD/MP is responsible to ensure the continued excellence of the firm through succession planning, managing retirement liabilities, and promoting development throughout the firm.
3. The MD/MP is responsible for the oversight and excellence of the management structure of the firm: holding meetings, flushing out agendas, ensuring a disciplined and data-driven decision-making process, monitoring the progress of decisions, coaching management team members, and ensuring open communication with Home Office.
4. The MD/MP is responsible for the deployment of reward and discipline programs within the firm working within existing guidelines and procedures.
5. The MD/MP is responsible for monitoring and complying with all personnel policies and acting on all non-complying issues. Further, the MD/MP may develop and recommend new personnel policies as appropriate.
6. The MD/MP oversees detached operations by aligning strategic plans, reviewing operations, promoting MetLife’s vision, values, and culture, communicating successes and failures, and monitoring progress.
7. The MD/MP reviews and finalizes monthly and annual financial statements, negotiates capital equipment requests, monitors and implements action plans on billings and collections, monitors cash flow, negotiates bank lines and maintains banking relationships, resolves personnel financial crisis affecting their or firm performance, and maintains a five year firm projection of performance.
8. The MD/MP monitors office operations and consults with other MD/MP’s and Home Office to ascertain best practices and disseminate them throughout the firm. Further, the MD/MP will provide hands-on supervision of low performing offices or functions within the firm providing intense coaching directed at problem areas.
9. The MD/MP is responsible for resolution or escalation of all operations affecting the firm such as leases, legal and litigation risk management, quality control, continuing professional education of staff, communications to Home Office, the firm, and externally as necessary.
10. The MD/MP is responsible for acting externally as a representative of Met. The MD/MP coordinates firm involvement in external activities, maintains a high involvement in professional services, coordinates public relations, and speaks at professional and educational forums to promote the MET/NEF brand.
11. The MD/MP is responsible for maintaining a safe, ethical environment for all employees and customers of the firm.
Strategically adds and manages firm infrastructure.
Manages opportunity and risk in firm by aligning business objectives with market and MET/NEF goals.
Ensures major business goals are operationalized and assessed throughout the firm.
Integrates financial instruments such as a P&L/Balance sheet with managerial tools to create actionable organizational plans.
Uses critical thinking, data analysis, and diagnostic skills to solve problems and develop effective work plans.
Works with the team to set organizational, functional, and individual goals that are aligned and transparent.
Promotes an environment of shared decision-making and encourages accountability for results.
Leads from a compelling future vision that inspires others to set high standards for themselves, work to their fullest capacity and align around key business issues.
Recognizes, rewards and/or supports those who create value for MetLife.
Models the ability to balance directness and diplomacy in difficult or politically sensitive situations
Models continuous self-improvement – regularly “looks in mirror” and uses it to grow.
Models ethical behavior by displaying respect for others, delivering on commitments and taking the “hard but right” path.
Takes ownership for decisions and assumes responsibility for associated consequences within and across the firm.
BA Degree, preferred.
Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse operation operating from multiple locations with multiple, complex products and regulatory guidelines.
Appropriate licensing and FINRA registration: L/H insurance, Series 6, 63, 7 and 24 (Series 53 preferred.)
CLU, ChFC, CFP and/or other company-supported designation required.
Licenses necessary to sell MetLife products.
Understanding of Met/NEF business model and operating philosophy or strong understanding of industry practices and regulations.
10 years of experience preferred.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...