Plans and directs the overall operation of a major department (with institutional oversight) and provides leadership for staff members. Meets ORP eligibility requirements. Under executive direction, performs highly varied administrative duties involving the use of independent judgment and professional skills. Responsible for all employees assigned to area.
- Negotiate and recommend for approval managed care contracts.
- Understand all aspects of Revenue Cycle Management ( RCM )and be able to recommend/implement actions to enhance collections.
- Supervise provider credentialing and reimbursement, utilization management, claims analysis, and administration.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing. * Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, able to solve practical problems, and deal with numerous variables.
- Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Manage office personnel.
Presentations at various meetings as requested.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred. Seven years progressively responsible management experience required. Education beyond bachelor’s level may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Masters in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Certification in Healthcare Financial Management Association ( HFMA )or American College of Healthcare Executives ( ACHE ) is a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Outlook & Visio.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hourly Pay Range
0 - 0
Monthly Pay Range
0 - 0
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.