Broadman & Holman, the trade publishing arm of LifeWay Christian Resources, is seeking a Managing Editor in its Nashville, TN, corporate office. This position will be responsible for the oversight, management, and production for over 500 printed and digital titles annually.
Essential Functions include:
- Source, negotiate contracts, and hire a support staff of outside editors, typesetters, proofreaders, printers and other service providers.
- Assign and manage projects with outside service providers.
- Lead editorial team and solve problems with a customer-first perspective.
- Serve on core leadership team contributing to strategic planning, budgeting, pricing, new service development, and trade book list development.
- Collaborate with sales manager, design manager, marketing manager on publishing process.
- Interact directly with authors.
- Provide copy editing, line editing, substantive editing, proof reading and other editorial work as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in English, Journalism or Communications is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of end-to-end book production process with experience in digital workflow.
- General understanding of the Baptist Faith and Message and some knowledge of Christian theological and doctrinal differences required.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style including working knowledge of both Mac and PC.
- Project management experience involving multiple layers of tasks while meeting multiple schedule deadlines.
- Ability to manage people, prioritize jobs and work under deadlines while maintaining a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- A minimum of 10 years editorial management and oversight experience is required.
LifeWay Christian Resources - 18 months ago
LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, Bible studies,...