Founded in 1999, QuinStreet, Inc. (QNST) is the leader in vertical media and marketing online, consistently delivering the right leads at the right volume to thousands of industry-leading clients and business brands. The company's full-service approach combines direct marketing expertise, vast search and media reach, and industry-leading technologies to deliver dramatically improved results for clients. QuinStreet is headquartered in Foster City, CA, with satellite offices worldwide.
QuinStreet is seeking an experienced, talented and enthusiastic on-site Managing Editor to develop content for the education team’s suite of content-rich online properties. This position will manage a team of content editors to maintain and advance content strategy and structure, as well as develop new content initiatives to advance the business goals of the portfolio.
The Managing Editor is responsible for day-to-day operations of content productions and supervising the editorial team. The Managing Editor should be an experienced journalist who can train and manage editorial guidelines for content published on QuinStreet websites.
- Edit content for style, readability, structure and compliance
- Develop unique, creative ideas for new high-quality site content, features and enhancements
- Manages network of freelance contributors and workflow of content requests to that network
- Working on a cross-functional team of producers and editors to execute core portfolio strategies
- Maintain and enforce existing editorial guidelines policy and procedures
- Monitor and manage the editorial calendar
- Enforce editorial deadlines to meet content budget projections
- Collaborate with Director, Content, Social & Promotion and the Senior Managing Editor to oversee content production
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Writing, or any related field
- Strong experience in content strategy development, online editing and writing
- Experience managing a team of editors and/or freelance contributors
- Working SEO experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
- Reporting and analytics skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and process management skills
- The ability both to work independently and on teams
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.