Operate various machine tools to manufacture and repair mechanical assemblies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills and Education:
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizings.
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes (e.g., horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills).
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures and Babbitt bearing work.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinder, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
TAW ® offers a competitive salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience. We also offer an exceptional benefits package to include Medical, and Dental, Vision, FSA or HSA,
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Manual Machinist in machine shop & job shop work environment—(CNC experience is not applicable).
- Prior electric motor experience or in a machine shop is helpful and prior work experience, and/or certification, doing mig and tig welding a plus.
- Certification from a Technical school helpful.
Short /Long-term Disability, Optional Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401K and Profit Sharing Vacation, Personal and Holiday pay.
TAMPA ARMATURE WORKS - 17 months ago
"We provide our customers with Quality, Dedication, and Service. Our staff of dedicated professionals will team up with you to provide...