Operate various machine tools to manufacture and repair mechanical assemblies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills and Education:
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizings.
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes (e.g., horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills).
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures and Babbitt bearing work.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinder, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
TAW ® offers a competitive salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience. We also offer an exceptional benefits package to include Medical, and Dental, Vision, FSA or HSA,
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Manual Machinist in machine shop & job shop work environment—(CNC experience is not applicable).
- Prior electric motor experience or in a machine shop is helpful and prior work experience, and/or certification, doing mig and tig welding a plus.
- Certification from a Technical school helpful.
Short /Long-term Disability, Optional Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401K and Profit Sharing Vacation, Personal and Holiday pay.
"We provide our customers with Quality, Dedication, and Service. Our staff of dedicated professionals will team up with you to provide cost...