Tesla Motors is a well-funded company in the San Francisco Bay Area. We design and manufacture advanced electric vehicles, battery packs, and drive systems and are working to change the future of the transportation industry. We are building technically strong, fast-moving teams that pride themselves on superior execution.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance, highly efficient electric cars. Our cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy efficient vehicles on the road.
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and skilled manual machinist to provide Powertrain R&D and Engineering with prototype components to enhance and shorten the design/build/test process. Join a fast paced and rapidly growing team that works on the most advanced battery, motor, gear box, and drive inverter components. Work closely with engineers and technicians to develop high quality parts.
- Manual machining on mills and lathes
- Assist with the operation of CNC mills and CNC lathes: set ups, fixtures, vices, loading/unloading
- Work closely with managers, engineers, and technicians to prototype components
- Perform equipment maintenance and repair
- Help ensure a safe working environment
- General shop responsibilities
- 5-10 years of manual machining experience on mills and lathes (10 years preferred)
- Ability to machine high tolerance components
- Materials: stainless steel, steel, aluminum, plastics, copper, brass, and silicates
- Passionate about prototyping and machining
- Strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Well organized and strong verbal communication skills
- Flexible, ability to work in a fast pace constantly changing environment with long hours and tight deadlines
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Tesla Motors - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company...