Brief Description of the Role:
Responsible for primary single point of contact with manufacturer field sales force, by territory and on a project basis. Relationship building with high volume, key accounts. Provide reimbursement support for complex issues related to specific patient/healthcare providers. Prospects for account revenue opportunities. Ensures collection and analysis of metric outcome data. Oversees and accepts lead responsibilities for the reimbursement activities for the assigned program. Serves to support staff in attainment of goals as well as completion of daily.
Specific Job Duties of the Role:
• Serves as single point of contact to targeted physician offices, assigned manufacturer representatives, health plans, and patients, as well as other patient referral sources.
• Completes account profiles and develops strategies to build referral bases.
• Assists management in developing relationships with program stakeholders.
• Assists manufacturer field sales force in implementation of program launch and ongoing utilization through assigned and self-initiated “pull through” efforts.
• Provides outbound call support during program launch, gathering key contact and demographic data and potential referral information.
• Supports follow-up with needed educational and marketing material to aid in referrals.
• Works with manufacturer and upper management to coordinate reimbursement support projects.
• Provides case by case reimbursement support upon request, communicating to outside sales representatives and management as needed.
• Upon request, will travel to assigned territory and collaborate with manufactuer field sales force to provide general program information, concierge service, and managed care support to various stakeholders.
• Develop relationships with manufacturer representatives in assigned territories.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of healthcare experience. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, seven total years of healthcare experience required. Demonstrated team lead experience is highly preferred of all candidates.
• Advanced knowledge of medical insurance terminology
• Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong team building skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Research and analysis skills
• Report preparation and documentation skills
• Ability to train other team members
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V