Our client, a growing biotechnology company, is looking for a Manufacturing Associate to join their team.
Manufacturing Associate: Responsible for supporting manufacturing operations by working as an operator in all aspects of plasmid DNA manufacturing, including fermentation, lysis, and chromatographic processes and applying knowledge to troubleshoot problems as well as improve manufacturing procedures. The Manufacturing Associate will work to execute and troubleshoot equipment during Manufacturing runs. In addition, the Manufacturing Associate will assist the Facilities department during periodic plant shutdowns to coordinate equipment maintenance and instrument calibration. Some after-hours work may be required.
Job Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Experience using large-scale processing equipment: stirred-tank bioreactors, continuous-flow centrifuges, ultrafiltration skids, process tanks, chromatography systems, and automated CIP/SIP systems;
· Experience working in a cGMP environment, including familiarity with cGMP documentation practices and investigating process deviations;
· The ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing;
· Confidence, initiative, strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, and good personal organization skills;
· Ability to independently identify problems and effectively offer solutions to problems;
· Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet project deadlines; and
· Experience working on cross-functional teams and a commitment to working in a fast-paced environment.
Manufacturing Associate: A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related discipline with 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment.
- 22 months ago - save job