Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician
Our Client in the North Bay Area is looking for Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician to join their team!
- As a member of our world-class manufacturing team, you'll be responsible for producing innovative biotherapeutic medicines for patients with serious or life- threatening medical conditions.
- Ability to interact with several departments with specific departmental responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance to safety requirements, current GMP standards, SOP s and manufacturing documentation.
- Ability to interfacing with highly automated production systems and controls, and maintaining areas in a high state of inspection preparedness.
- Actively take a role in the production of mammalian cell-based products by cleaning, sterilizing and operating fixed vessel systems for media preparation, cell culture fermentation, and harvest operations.
- Operate and clean fixed tank and filtration systems, and operate large scale column chromatography systems.
- Operate the small-scale cell culture areas and systems.
- Provide support to Manufacturing and Quality departments to meet production demands by operating a control system via a machine interface for equipment operation.
- Performing CIP and SIP for all portable tanks
- Assemble and prepare 20 liter bioreactors, autoclaving solutions, weighing and dispensing dry components and liquid aliquots, gathering, processing and delivering labware and glassware.
- Pre-employment medical physical is required if selected.
- AS/BS/BA in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering preferred or an equivalent combination of some college education with a focus in science and related work experience
- Must possess good interpersonal, communication and team skills, have a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work a non-rotating 4-day, 10 hour shift that includes one weekend day, and day, evening or night hours, on off-shifts.
- Requires overtime as needed.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with computer-based systems is desirable.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- This will be 30 hours/week and either be a day or swing shift (that includes a Saturday or Sunday).