Position under Corporate Information Technology Location: St. Louis, MO
General Characteristics : Facilitates the optimization of business unit performance by enhancing the alignment between business processes and information technology. Responsible for actively resolving day-to-day technology needs of the business unit with a focus on the analysis of processes-dissecting problems and suggesting solutions. Includes complex systems process analysis, design and simulation. Specific areas of focus include:
· Developing business processes and Oracle configuration documentation to align with best practices associated with Planning and Manufacturing business functions
· Act as subject matter expert for the deployment and ongoing operation of Oracle Value Chain Planning and Manufacturing applications across Emerson by assisting Group Oracle Value Chain Planning and Manufacturing Experts
· Provide oversight of Oracle projects assisting Group functional experts during the design phase and Oracle Value Chain Planning and Manufacturing modules
· Support lean supply chain initiatives by analyzing current business processes, identifying supply chain bottlenecks, streamlining supply chain processes, and implementing appropriate solutions
· Assist with pre-implementation activities such as Oracle demos, and site assessments
Must understand technical problems and solutions in relation to the current, as well as the future business environment. Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing processes. Provides input and supports planning and prioritization for business process engineering related activities, including developing the business unit process engineering plan and integrating that plan with the corporate plan.
Must possess Planning and Manufacturing knowledge and hands on experience to leverage both business process improvements and IT solutions. Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions. Identifies processes for improvement, documents existing processes, identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired state, designs new processes, develops process performance measures and plans the transition to a new process. Provides counsel and leadership on future use of technology and business process improvements. This requires high level of understanding of the organization’s business systems and processes as well as industry-wide requirements. Responsible for development of enterprise software standards. Must demonstrate expertise in strategic planning, tactical execution, project management, process management and business systems requirements definition.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
o Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
· PROBLEM SOLVING
o Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
o Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
o Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization’s technological capability.
o Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
· Bachelor's Degree in relevant business field (e.g. Finance or Industrial Engineering) or in Information Systems with relevant business experience. Or equivalent work experience
· Fluent in English or designated language(s).
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
· 14 - 19 years with Bachelors Degree OR
· 12 - 17 years with Masters Degree
Emerson - 2 years ago
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...