PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), is a global leader offering a comprehensive array of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered in Ohio, USA, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa. PolyOne serves more than 10,000 customers across the globe and offers more than 35,000 polymer solutions. The company has employees worldwide located in more than 80 manufacturing and distribution facilities, over a dozen labs and technical centers, and sales and service locations on four continents.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about PolyOne visit
The Manufacturing Director will provide leadership to the manufacturing organization in one or more business units to attain operational excellence in safety, health and environmental, customer service, product consistency and cost and asset optimization. This position has oversight for multiple manufacturing locations, some of which may be located in more than one country.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure resources are in place to allow plants to remain in compliance with all safety, health and environmental (EHS) regulations. This includes implementation of auditing systems and ensuring that required EHS training is completed on schedule.
- Hold plant managers accountable for achieving conversion cost metrics.
- Champion the Manufacturing Incentive Plan (MIP) in business unit and ensure action plans are in place to achieve annual productivity and material efficiency targets at each plant.
- Ensure that quality performance is regularly audited at each plant and improvement plans are implemented as needed.
- Ensure systems and requirements are in place and functioning effectively at each plant to support the supply chain process and achieve key metrics, such as on-time delivery.
- Develop and manage a capital plan that supports the business unit strategy and improves plant operations.
- Provide strong support for Lean Six Sigma initiatives in plants and other business unit functions .
- Ensure that plant assets and cost structures are properly aligned to support the business unit strategy.
- Ensure all plants operate in a manner consistent with PolyOne’s values and Code of Conduct.
In addition to the PolyOne Competencies required for all jobs, the following qualifications are required for this job:
- Masters-Operations Management or Related
- Bachelors-Chemical Engineering or Related
- Data Management 10+ Years
- Problem Solving Techniques 10+ Years
- Lean Six Sigma 10+ Years
- Cost Management 10+ Years
- Change Management 10+ Years
- Budget Management 10+ Years
- Leadership Experience 10+ Years
- Managing Direct Reports 10+ Years
- Manufacturing Industry 10+ Years
- Strategic Planning 7 Years
- Safety Procedures 10+ Years
- Manufacturing Operations 10+ Years
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Outlook - Intermediate
- SAP - Intermediate
* Travel can be up to 30% per year
To submit your resume and salary history you must apply to http://careers.polyone.com
PolyOne is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
PolyOne Corporation - 12 months ago