The Manufacturing Engineer I performs basic degree of complexity engineering assignments under direction and supervision. The Mfg. Engineer I applies basic engineering principles to perform routine design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations. Conducts analyses or tests of routine degree of complexity. Prepares plans, process specifications, production aids, assembly fixtures, MRP support studies, factory cost work standards, and assignments where supervision provides guidance on methods of approach and procedures to be followed. Assists in effectively communicating exact requirements to production.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Carries out cost-effective design, installation, method of transfer, monitoring, and modification of manufacturing processes. Identifies problems in process of materials. Suggests alternative approaches to the manufacturing process.
• Establishes and maintains systems for determining whether a product, as designed, can be manufactured.
• Interfaces with internal and external customers, suppliers, and/or equipment vendors to resolve manufacturing issues.
• Has input to project plans for implementation of new processes, existing process modification, capacity improvements, and throughput enhancements.
• Performs costs/benefit analysis on existing manufacturing processes and improvement opportunities.
• Performs manufacturing capacity/throughput analysis on individual and area manufacturing operations.
• Performs process capability analysis on manufacturing processes, provides operations, and provides operations with Cpk indices.
• Utilizes Six Sigma and other similar methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
• Identifies yield improvement opportunities and has input to the development of action plans to improve yields.
• Performs defect characterization analysis to construct root cause effect relationships for defect reduction leading to yield enhancements.
• Provides critical processes/parameters data for FMEA manufacturing tables.
• Participates in project implementation and defect reduction teams.
• Performs other similar duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, success driven individual with:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
• Experience: Experience in Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing a plus but not required. Proficiency using the AS400 information system and Microsoft Word and Excel, and a working knowledge PowerPoint, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project. Highly technical communications capabilities are necessary to successfully exchange with suppliers, customers, and internal functions.
A. Knowledge: With training incumbent will have knowledge of the entire PCB manufacturing process, including the manufacturing process flow, a thorough understanding of individual production process steps, knowledge of tooling and artwork generation.
1. Performs varied assignments of a professional engineering nature requiring full use of application of scientific principals, theories, concepts, and techniques.
B. Skill in: Basic drawing / blueprint interpretation skills. Assists in providing work direction for technicians and less senior engineers.
C. Ability to: Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to lead others through problem solving and decision-making processes. Follow procedures with general supervisory instructions
D. Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services.
TTM Technologies - 19 months ago
TTM Technologies - Global Leader in PCB & Backplane Assembly
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California TTM Technologies is a leading...