GREENPOINT Technologies was founded in 1988 and is located in Kirkland, WA. We provide interior solutions for Boeing aircraft, including VIP interior completions for private individuals, corporations and heads-of-state. As a preferred OEM supplier to the Boeing Company, we have designed and delivered specialty interior systems and modifications for nearly every Boeing commercial model. We are a recognized Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) completion center and are certified to ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
GREENPOINT Technologies incorporates various aspects of aircraft interior completions, providing an all-encompassing experience. Our services and capabilities follow within the strict guidelines of our Mission, Vision, and Values which we strive to demonstrate on a daily basis. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to a customer focused approach to engineering offerings and design excellence built into every program.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the VP, Operations and supports the Operations and Engineering teams by developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates with Engineering to ensure all drawings are manufacturable and economical regarding design.
• Provides advice and guidance to Engineering on preferred material selections, manufacturing processes, treatments and construction methods throughout the life a design development program.
• Proactively works with Engineers to ensure that the manufacturability of parts is fully considered during the life a design development program.
• Validates prior to drawing release that manufacturing input has incorporated into drawing and design data.
• Ensure that up to date digital data is made available to Procurement for distribution to suppliers.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Responsible for finding ideas to reduce wastage and improve the quality of production.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
• Cost Consciousness – You work within approved budget, you develop and implement cost saving measures, you contribute to profits and revenue, and you conserve organizational resources.
• Judgment – You display a willingness to make decisions, you exhibit sound and accurate judgment, you support and explain reasoning for decisions, you include appropriate people in decision-making process, and you make timely decisions.
• Planning and Organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, and works in an organized manner.
• Strategic Thinking – You develop strategies to achieve organizational goals, you understand organization's strengths & weaknesses, you analyze market and competition, you identify external threats and opportunities, and you adapt strategy to changing conditions.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to read, draft and approve Engineering drawings using Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AutoCAD preferred).
• Ability to maximize the use of engineering standards including parts and processes.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
• Ability to work as a team having leadership qualities, planning and customer focus.
• Ability to work under pressure prioritizing multiple projects.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
GREENPOINT Technologies is an AA/EEO. To see all open positions and apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.greenpnt.com
Greenpoint Technologies - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard