Manufacturing Engineer (Milwaukee, WI)
Brady Corporation Overview
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Its products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials. Founded in 1914, the company has more than 500,000 customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee and employs approximately 7,000 people at operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Brady’s fiscal 2009 sales were approximately $1.2 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC.
Position Reports To
Value Stream Leader
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for manufacturing processes and their improvement, resolution of complex manufacturing process issues, and providing leadership and guidance to technicians and/or hourly associates that may not report directly to the incumbent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Influences key associates to promote participation and cooperation in process development/improvement initiatives.
2. Ensures conformance with and application of policies and procedures.
3. Designs, deploys and validates new manufacturing processes and techniques.
4. Responsible for smooth product production/constant production flow.
5. Responsible for product qualification processes.
6. Product & Process FMEA analysis.
7. Create, document and implement procedures for assembling, testing and packaging processes.
8. Re-engineers operations and manufacturing processes.
9. Designs, installs and debugs tooling and new capital equipment.
10. Designs, evaluates and implements automated systems for inspection, manufacturing and data acquisition.
11. Responsible for continuous improvement activities.
12. Develops training systems and support documentation for associates.
13. Designs in conjunction with new product development engineers manufacturing strategies.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· BS Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
· 3 years experience as a manufacturing engineer.
· Lean manufacturing experience
· Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Must be a strong team player
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Knowledge of quality management systems, specifically ISO-9001.
Desired Characteristics: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Printing and/or converting industry experience preferred.
· Familiarity with CAD software, AutoCAD preferred.
· Ability to use Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project and Visual Basic experience.
· Knowledge of statistical tools; GR&Rs, SPC, DOE’s, Ppk’s
· Six Sigma Green Belt Training Certification and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and/or ASQ Mechanical Inspector certification