Overview Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity. This position is located in Redmond, WA.
Genie sets the standard by which other lifts are judged. Simply put, we build a better lift. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. The right time is now to come join us as we grow and expand to meet our customers' needs. Responsibilities This is a technically-oriented administrative support position. Coordinates, prepares, and maintains an up-to-date system of engineering documentation. Coordinates recording, filing, retrieving, and processing of drawings, engineering change notices, manufacturing standards, test reports, implementation notes, and related documentation supporting product design, manufacture, customization, and testing. Assures MTS tooling and fabrication receives quality parts/services on-time at the point-of-use. Performs specialized and technical duties associated with the purchase, timely delivery, quality, and packaging of materials, equipment and services for the company’s MTS tooling, fabrication and engineering operations.
- Coordinates accumulation of all engineering project documentation such as, but not limited to, engineering drawings, engineering change notices, manufacturing standards, test reports, implementation notes, production specifications, and schedules.
- Researches, compiles, and participates in writing purchasing requisitions for products, materials, and supplies used for tooling and fabrication.
- Researches, contacts, and selects potential vendors to receive proposals for price, quality, and timeliness of delivery. Makes independent judgment on purchases up to authorized dollar limits and specifications. Recommends current and/or new vendors. Conveys delivery, inventory, and quality goals to vendors.
- Procures urgent materials through the most effective means, considering quality, availability, cost, delivery time, and probability of continued support.
- Develops and maintains long-term productive relationships with vendors. Develops communications and feedback links. Establishes and maintains a network of information flow and reporting.
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of the latest thinking in concepts such as total quality management, lean thinking, single piece flow, and just-in-time.
- Assists in reviewing, revising and originating purchase specifications.
- Facilitates communication between suppliers and manufacturing team when evaluating situations, solving problems, and/or resolving conflicts.
- Coordinates purchasing services with other manufacturing support services.
- Participates in meetings for purpose of project planning and progress. Participates in setting project schedules.
- Maintains and may schedule target dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents associated with products. Coordinates with other work teams to assure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Prepares engineering change notices, writing terms and details, and conferring with engineers to assure completeness.
- Maintains up-to-date files on customer contracts including modifications, requirements, and time lines.
- Reviews and verifies documents for completeness, format, and compliance with either contract requirements, customer specifications, or engineering specifications.
- Confers with team members and customers to exchange information on and discuss projects, prepare documents, and modify schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position. Qualifications - Knowledge and Skills
Requires a thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment, including historical filing systems oriented toward projects and products, and letter and report writing. A working knowledge of engineering practices and processes is preferred. Requires a working knowledge of personal computer based software programs that support this level of work, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, and data entry onto custom data bases. Requires thorough knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation as applied to engineering documentation and technical writing. Requires sufficient human relations skills to interact both formally and informally with a range of individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds; communicate in oral and written form.
Requires the ability to perform the essential duties of the position effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision. Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a rapidly changing work environment. Requires sufficient language ability to converse in technical terms on engineering matters. Requires ability to perform mathematical calculations such as dimensions, weights, totals, and statistics.
- Working Conditions
Typically works in an office environment within a manufacturing plant. Uses computer and standard office equipment.
- Requires a high school diploma or a GED.
- Requires 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant capacity, preferably in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Powerpoint. Access is preferred.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self motivated, highly organized and flexible individual.
- Has the ability to work independently and also work as part of a team.
- Coursework in computer-aided design or engineering technology is preferred.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...