Summary: Serves as a resource for Operations when questions or concerns are brought up in regard to part processes. Improve current processes and conducts investigations to problem solve inefficiencies.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
The co-op or intern will work with the Engineering team to support operations through:
1. Validating setup and run times for operations through time studies or pre-determined timing methods such as MTM or MOST
2. Evaluating historical data on run rates to determine accuracy
3. Assist in creation and evaluation of cost reductions
4. Assist with lean manufacturing initiatives and work flow improvements
5. Participate in factory safety and quality improvement programs
6. Assist in investigating best tools, machining, fabrication, welding methods to ensure a quality product at an appropriate cost
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school. Must be enrolled in college as a Junior or Senior and seeking a degree in Mechanical, Weld, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or Technology and be interested in a field of study relating to fabrication, welding, or machining.
Experience and Skills Required
At least a junior or Senior in college with experience that includes the following skills and abilities:
1. CAD Experience a plus (Solid Works)
2. Prior experience with manufacturing is helpful.
3. Knowledge of fabrication/welding is a plus.
4. Strong computer skills and excellent written and oral communication skills required.
5. Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment.
6. Normal office environment and manufacturing/shop floor environment
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The position has good working conditions in general, but is a diversified job requiring sustained mental effort related to organizational issues, planning and technical areas. The individual may encounter moderate emotional strain or tension. There is sustained exposure to sitting. There is also moderate exposure to Video Data Terminals (VDTs) and moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds).
BTD - 23 months ago